SRAM X.7 Hub

• Holes: 32 front and rear
  • Spacing: 100mm (f) 135mm (r)
  • Brake compatibility: 6 bolt disc or rim brake
  • Cassette compatibility: Sram/Shimano 8, 9, 10 speed

nubcake   Cross Country Rider [Jan 18, 2012]

Smooth, rebuild able, SRAM reputation for standing behind their product.

Engagement is a little slow, feels like you standard Shimano hub but for the money its very acceptable.

Did not have the cash to spend on my hub of choice (king) for my commuter and really did not see a need for instant engagement anyways on such a bike so decided to try out the SRAM hubs. I know SRAM will stand behind their product better than anyone, and I wanted a cartridge bearing hub. I have used Shimano hubs of all levels but XTR and even though the bearings are durable, I have blown up about 5 freehub bodies, not that I am particularly strong, I just do a lot of granny granny climbs filled with rocks and roots so a lot of power surges. I know I will not see those conditions on the cargo bike but I have carried close to 200lbs on it up a steep (for that kind of load) hill running a 22-36 so this hub does see a good bit of torque.

So far so good, it is still smooth and even in sub zero temps the freehub works perfect. Hopefully in a couple years I can still say the same. Great bang for the buck.