Shimano Deore XT HB-M765 Front Hub

• Double Contact Sealing
  • Rubber cap for Center Lock mount
  • 32H/36H

WhoaThere   Cross Country Rider [Mar 19, 2010]
Strength:

168g - Light for the Price. Well-made. Easy to service; no special-tools required

Some basic knowledge is required to adjust bearings; if it's done wrong they'll wear quickly. Replacement-parts are a bit pricey at an LBS. Shimano should have kept making 756 Hubs for 6-Bolt Rotors - they're heavier but bombproof.

Readers should be cautious when considering claims made by other reviewers since very little is known or can be verified about anyone's background. It's best to check opinions here against the experts at your LBS (mostly). I've used all types of Shimano hubs for years, and I can honestly say that any properly maintained XT hub is the
equivalent of any other in its price-range in terms of weight, function and reliability. Shimano is the proverbial 500-pound Gorilla, and because they do not respond very well to input from the public, lots of people feel a need to throw stones at them.

Similar Products Used: Almost all of them
buynsell214   Cross Country Rider [Dec 03, 2008]
Strength:

Light, strong, smooth bearings

None noted yet

I built up a set of wheels using the following components : DT Champion Black Spokes 2.0, DT Alloy Nipples Red, Vuelta FR Rims (Excalibur) Blue and the Shimano XT hubs. I built up these wheels around 6 months ago and have ridden them ever since. I have a set of DT Swiss XR 1540 for racing and I use these for training and such. At a lean 245 lbs I'm a Clydesdale not a stallion. I've rumbled down many rock garden areas and 3-4 foot drop offs with these and no problems whatsoever. I paid $99 for both the front and rear on ebay so the value was outstanding for me. I'm just as pleased with these as I am with my DT 240s hubs. They're heavier than the DT Swiss but just as smooth.