Profile Racing Single Speed Hub

Single Speed

Profile Racing’s MTB Cassette Hub series – Specifically designed for the growing number of hybrid MTB downhill and MTB freestyle bikes – Disk brake only – 36 or 32 hole – 135mm width.

Prof.Baltazar   Weekend Warrior [May 22, 2011]
Strength:

Light weight, simple build

Rear hub sticks when tensioning the hub bolts

Stay clear and go for King's or I9. This hub is useless!! I bought this thinking it was the best. I had to go and get a new rear wheel, because i couldn't thighten the wheel. If i did, it was impossible to pedal.

Ater sales service at JR has been terrible. They just told me that they did not warrant this item, and to conntact Profile. After several mails back and fourth with Gus at Profile, htey promised to send me a new driver for the hub. Havent got any new hub yet, and Profile dosn't answer my e-mails.....

Similar Products Used: SINZ, CK, DT, Hope
Peter Woolery   Weekend Warrior [Nov 20, 2006]
Strength:

Tight tollorances. Really fast. Solid Construction. Quick engagement. Cool anodizing.

Lock ring unscrews. Wont fit all frames.

I rode this hub on my BMX bike for a long time. I beat it to hell. I bent the flange a little bit, and the lock ring unscrewed. But both of those were from grinding. Over all, this is a very solid hub. Comparible to Kings I have used. And for a better price.