Marzocchi Front 20mm DH/FR Hub Hub

Marzocchi Front 20mm DH/FR Hub Hub

The extra beefy Marzocchi 32 hole 20mm hub is ready to handle drop after drop. Features heavy-duty cartridge sealed bearings. Includes QR20 axle. 340g

[May 14, 2012]
sadoldsamurai

Strength:

I bought this with a Mavic 531 rim second user off e-bay and ran it in some 20mm psylo SL's and then my (beautifully squishy/smooth) PIKE 426s..very quickly the hubs developed 'play'..for a while tightening the through axle cured this..but eventually even that didn't work. My LBS couldn't get the bearings out..so it looked like they were going to be a kn**ker job..but another bike shop removed the bearings, I bought some new one's off e-batfor a fiver..got them sent direct to the bike shop who fitted them and charged me a fiver..a tenner for virtually new wheels..and 18 months later they're still running fine..

They're only available in black...a typical Henry Ford mentality...

Good solid cheap hub..

[Jun 15, 2011]
andykrow
Downhiller

Strength:

Cheap, spins nice while it lasts, looks nice.

Develops play in a year or so.

After two of these hubs I won't be buying another. I had it on a sherman, a Z1 and a 66. These hubs just develop play if you ride hard, and eventually you'll hear it as a clunk when the fork hits something or comes down hard on something. After this happened once and I needed a new wheel I let a bike shop convince me they had never seen problems with these hubs. So I tried again, mainly because they are so cheap, and I thought maybe I abused it somehow or the Sherman messed it up. Well you get what you pay for and it happened again. I basically got a year of use out of them before the play comes. A tell tale sign is if your front disc intermittently rubs, though mainly you can just grab the wheel and feel the play. No amount of tightening of the axle will get rid of this. I won't give this worst possible rating because they do work nice for the first year, but I could not recommend them to a friend. I'm going to try Hope Pro next...

Cheapo XT 20mm

[Oct 10, 2006]
Duh-luth

Strength:

Quality construction,reliabity and affordable to boot! The hub has nice understated graphics and a quality finish.

Doesn't come in all the pretty colors.

A well-made 20mm hub that's well worth the price. Has held up well and still runs smooth. Currently looking for a new fork and rim to play together with. I will be keeping this hub for awhile and rebuild a new wheel with it in the near future.

[Oct 09, 2006]
ArroyoBomber

Strength:

Cost!(Take THAT Chris King!)
Strong as you need it to be
Equal or greater quality to any other 20mm hub on the market

Not flashy looking or available in fancy colors (Oh,darn)

This is THE front hub for people who take their riding AND their hard-earned paychecks seriously.I may very well have bought this to spite such highway robbers like CK who want to screw hard-working average joes out of a decent deal and an affordable ride, and I have yet to regret it.Been beating the crap out of this wheel (see above) for almost a year now,taken it on some fairly nasty downhills and 4-6 foot drops, trannies be damned, and it has yet to even come the slightest bit out of true!Not one wrench has TOUCHED this thing since it was built.One of the best MTB component values out there.Period.

Bunch of overpriced crap

[Mar 31, 2005]
Douglas

I forgot to mention -
When I installed the Marzocchi hub in the fork, there was no play. The same could not be said of the White Industries hub.

[Mar 29, 2005]
Douglas

Strength:

Superior Design.

Marzocchi 20mm hub is Superior Design to other 20mm hubs.

I bought a White Industries Front 20mm Hub based on reviews from this website and the wheelbuilder's recommendation.

To make a long story short, there was too much play between the WI hub and Marzocchi 20mm axle. Also, the dust cap and axle cap are two pieces. One of the dust caps was too loose and falls out due to an incorrect dimension on hub. I went to Marzocchi in Valencia and had them look at this (great guys by the way - about 3 or 4 of them helped me with my hub. They really love mountain biking and were willing to spend time and bend over backwards to help. Thankyou Mike, JP, Ronnie, and everyone else that lended a hand!!).

In the end I bought a Marzocchi Hub because the design was superior with a "Full Floating" bearing system which distributes the load along the full length of a pressed-in sleeve (this also allows for larger bearings which help distribute the load). Also, the end caps were one piece, so they are located in place when installed in the fork and can not come out based on the design.

Sweet Hub.

I'll add another review once I get my killer bike built up and get some miles on her. 5 flaming ones for a Superior Design.

Chris King, DT Swiss, White Industries

[Dec 30, 2004]
C

Strength:

Reliable, no frills, solid hub. Put 'er on and forget about it. Quality machining and ano. Inexpensive for a high quality hub.

No problems so far. Well OK, I wish they came in pink.

I bought this hub from a friend after he had aready ridden it for a full year. He went through wheels and cracked his Rocky frame during that time, but the hub is still going strong for me.

Velocity total piece of crapp. destroyed itself in three months. wheel rolled like a potato chip. BS. arrgh never buy Velocity!!!! Their "Cliff Hanger" rims blow, too.

[Feb 09, 2008]
sam
Downhiller

Strength:

very very smooth, durable, cheap, its marzocchi!!

this is an amazing hub, the front wheel seems to spin for ever. i have had no problems what so ever with the hub after riding it for one downhill race season. i liked it so much i had to get another one. everyone should get one of these hubs.

[Dec 13, 2005]
shanedawg
Downhiller

Strength:

good bearings, seals, and basic design.

a little on the heavy side

This hub has been great period. I bought the 99 Z1 many years ago from airbomb.com and they included a free front wheel. I thought for many years that I would replace this wheel with something better when it broke but that day has not come. The bearing got a little gritty about 2 years ago after a really nasty, wet ride. I let the bike sit and when I came back 2 weeks later the wheel was making some noise. I had to pull the seals off the bearings and flush with triflow and then repack with new grease. Since then it has been the one thing on my bike I never have to think about.

white industries, chris king, shimano, etc

[Dec 09, 2005]
Dimitri
Downhiller

Strength:

looks nice, works nice, bearings seem ok so far. Good sealing, i went to wales for a ride in the mud. welsh mud destroys everything and manages to find its way past nearly every seal but the hub wal all good, no mud got onto the thru-axle or anythin'.

looks cool and works. easy to build onto. cheap as chips.

dt hugi, saint, the works.