DT Swiss Hugi FR Hub

The DT Swiss Hugi FR hub is a great choice for the freeride and downhill enthusiast and racer that wants a bombproof hub backed by 10 years of proven design and manufacturing. The Hugi FR hub features an oversize disc brake optimized design that spreads torque evenly across the wheel. The Hugi FR hub features proven DT Swiss technology including the proven Hugi ratchet system, high quality stainless steel components and bearings, an optimized labyrinth seal system and is maintenance friendly.

The Hugi FR hub is available in front hub configurations of 100mm quick release and 110mm in both 32h and 36h. The rear hub is available as 135mm quick release version as well as 150mm and 165mm 12mm thru axle versions. The Hugi FR hub is maintenance friendly and easily serviceable through the DT Swiss worldwide dealer network, and is 100% produced and hand built in Switzerland.

axel dolph   Weekend Warrior [Jul 02, 2003]
Strength:

strong, good freehub, sexy looking

price

These hubs are the ones to get for street bikes/dirt jumpers. I do alot of peddal kicks and they dont blow out like normal shimanos

Similar Products Used: XT,Deore,Red Line
stephan   Downhiller [Sep 04, 2003]
Strength:

Light, stiff, reliable, low maintenance, good looking.
It's possible to switch it from 9mm axle to 20mm.

I associated this hub with a mavic d521 rim and it's great combo, kick ass!!!!
Before with my previous, I was always worried about the stiffnees of my front wheel, not anymore now. I ride fr/dh and a little bit of street. And this wheel is amazing.
In a couple of days, I'll receive the same for rear since I blow my shimano LX and bearings are dead.
The hub are a little bit pricy, but not too much compared to hadley stuff.
Buy it, they last up the end of the world.

Similar Products Used: shimano xt, shimano lx, coda dh
Scott   Downhiller [Sep 03, 2007]
Strength:

Completely bombproof, Only one true in 2 years.

weight, but it's hard for me to sacrifice lightness

The best freeride hub I've ever owned. Had shop mechanic build this rear wheel for me after I had to have to stock shimano bearings packed four times within first couple of months of owning the bike. Carl built my wheel up with the DT Swiss FR hugi laced to Mavic 729. Bad to the bone. Can handle 6-8 foot flat drops, and extreme downhill in West Virginia and Western North Carolina..

Similar Products Used: Shimano
Chucky   [Jul 18, 2007]
Strength:

No problems in 3+ years!

Heavy by todays standards. No 10mm bolt-on for rear. If there was a 10mm rear, I'd not be buying a new I9.

I've beat these hubs hard for over 3 years. I learned to FR and DH on these rims, so they've suffered many bad landings, many bad lines, etc... At least 5,000 miles on these humbs! Had the rear serviced once.

If thre was a 10mm bolt-on for the rear, I'd just lace new rims to it.

Similar Products Used: DT Onyx, XT, Funn, Real, Hope Pro II
dave   Downhiller [Mar 08, 2006]

I am writing to add an update to my last post. I called DT Swiss directly and spoke to their warranty department. I explained to them the age and the situation with the cracked / failed rear hub. DT warranted the hub and is shipping out a new one. I was told that on the older hubs, they used anodizing which can cause aluminum to become brittle. They are no longer using this process apparently.

While disappointed with the hub failure, I was very happy to have DT step up and warranty their product, keeping me as a customer in the process.

Thanks DT.

Dave   Downhiller [Mar 06, 2006]
Strength:

Lasted almost 3 years

Broke after 3 years

I've purchased 2 sets of these hubs in 3 years, they were flawless until the 3 year old rear hub split across the hub body last week. I was shocked to come here and see that 3 other people had this problem with their rear hub as well.

I have another brand new set of these rolling on my VPP Free, and I hope the hold up. They are way to expensive to be replacing.

I would not buy another set of these after paying $320.00 cost and reading about the rear hub cracking problem.

Similar Products Used: Dee Max, Shimano XT, Marzocchi
Mike   [Sep 05, 2006]
Strength:

SMMOOOOTH

Rear Hub Split

I really have no complaints, other than Hub splitting in two seperate spots. Just a matter of time I guess... Going to see what the warrenty people will do for me, hope to get something outa it since I paid a pretty penny for them.

Similar Products Used: XT Stuff
Sam   Downhiller [May 15, 2003]
Strength:

So smooth very strong and it is incredably smooth

they're a bit pricy

These are the best hubs ive ever riddin ive got them front and back and never had a problem with them

Similar Products Used: sun ringle, proflie, Funn
Ryon Mo   Weekend Warrior [Oct 09, 2006]
Strength:

Sounds cool.

Split in half after less than 100 miles

Supposed to be bombproof but I didn't abuse at all. This year, I've been injured and taking it easy. Didn't last 100 miles or a dozen rides. Broke while peddling in a parking lot.

Called DT and they appear to be willing to warranty. Good to hear because it was highly recommended and pricey.