Bullseye Mtb Hub Hub

Bullseye Mtb Hub

DANGER6   Downhiller [May 27, 2010]
Strength:

Durability,Longevity,Style,Design...

None that i know of.

These hubs ROCK!

Second to none

Similar Products Used: everything under the sun
kemal1923   Weekend Warrior [Dec 08, 2008]
Strength:

Easy to service.

Must use anti-seize. Cartridge bearing fail too.

In 1990 I thought it was crazy to build a wheel with 32 15/16/15 spokes with alloy nipples. And built tight! Nearly two decades of bunny hopping, mud, washing the bike off in a creek, etc. Every bearing on the bike has seized at one point or another. Point being, some hard use. These wheels never go out of true! I have repacked the hub bearings at least five time and these original, made in Poland pieces are as smooth as new!

Check your other brand cartridge bearing hubs. Bullseye uses 6001 cartridges while others use 6901 or 6902. The 6001 has bigger balls.

Similar Products Used: Phil, American Classic, Mavic, White...
Nick Sharp-Rees   Weekend Warrior [Apr 05, 2004]
Strength:

Profound longevity, very free-running, tough, excellent finish and Bonneville-streamliner machine-aesthetic

Bearing outer surfaces unplated, prone to rust. All alloy surfaces unanodised, subject to slight pitting corrosion

Broke almost everything I ever owned, nothing affects these hubs after 12 solid year's 365-day/year use in British weather conditions. 1 lube job so far and on first wheel rebuild (4 cross 40x10-14 spoke).

When you trash what you have now, get Bullseyes. Freewheels are still manufactured and this system outlasts anything Shimano or Campag have to offer at the top end.
I carry up to 70lb a day on the rear carrier alone and the rear hub runs like the day it was made. I cannot conceive of a better-value, totally dependable hub for anyone with any type of bike who is willing to spend $80 on the most reliable product around.

Until a cassette rear is available, if you really need cassettes, try a Phil Wood who will offer a similar wide variety and custom service at greater cost.

Similar Products Used: Maillard, Shimano
Robert Hollingsworth   Weekend Warrior [Dec 25, 2001]
Strength:

Desired fit, desired strength, desired performance... All top rate!!!

There has been none for me.

I've ran this hub at the sugestion of a friend and it's been nothing else since. I've been to Moab, Aspen and San Fransisco with this setup and the hub just keeps spinning. Locally I have a single track to ride out of the canyons that when in the winter can have 20 to 30 stream crossings and I have not had to do ANYTHING to this hub. I've put three different rims on it as well, no problems. I have a new bike since May so I'll moth ball this bike and I bet when it comes out for some cruising that hub is going to roll!!

Similar Products Used: Old BMX large flanged hubs with cups and cones.
Peter   Cross Country Rider [Apr 09, 2003]
Strength:

I have owned many Bullseye hubs over the last 15 years on various bikes - first my bmx then mtn bikes and communter bikes (I've even put one of my old 28h Bullseye hubs on my 6y.o's little bmx bike!). Super strong hubs - very easy to service with a few common tools, basically indestructable although I did have one failure and it was replaced without any hassle or arguement.

No I.S. disk hubs or cassette available.

Simply the best hubs for quality and value. Period.

Similar Products Used: Shimano, Clark Kent, NukeProof, ATAK, Mavic, American Classic, etc etc
Wayne   Cross-Country Rider [Aug 03, 1999]
Strength:

smoooooth
customer service
easy to work on

a little play at rim

I've used this hub (front only) for 12 years on several bikes and wheelsets. I always come back to it when the new hubs fail! I used Bullseyes BMX racing before that. The play at the rim takes a while to get used to, but Bullseye is adamant that there is no side loading on the bearings this way. I use the allen bolts to help stiffen up the Judy too. I'm surprised to see someone else using them because they're kinda hard to find.

Similar Products Used: LX, XT, XTR, Bontrager, Campy,GT, Revcore, Specialized,...
Tim Jimenez   Weekend Warrior [Apr 23, 2001]
Strength:

smooth, durable, easy to work on, low maintanence

none really

I've had these hubs for 6 years. Everyonce in a while I take them apart to see if they're still okay, they always are. I bought them with a wheel set years ago and they are still flawless. I've bent axels on other hubs and destroyed bearing (shimano hubs don't even compare, sealed bearings are the way to go). My only regret is buying a freewheel, but sachs still makes 7 and 8 speed freewheels.
Anyone who wants flawless preformance year after year should buy these hubs.

Similar Products Used: I have trashed alot of hubs(cheap shimano, I've broke shimano bottom brakets and cranks too)(down with their monopoly)
Keith Dilly   Weekend Warrior [Apr 16, 2001]
Strength:

Superb Quality, very smooth, easy to adjust and change the sealed bearings. Looks good too. Also have threaded spindle so you can use bolts to secure wheels...lighter & more secure.

None so far.
Should be able to get cassettes for a long time to come.

Just got these hubs after wanting some for ages. I needed a different spindle length for the rear hub so gave Bullseye a call. Absolutely top quality customer support. A new spindle is on it's way. I also learnt all bullseye hub parts (except bearings of course)are gauranteed...break it you get a new one (even if you strip the threads). So far I have only tried the front hub out, which is like silk compared to my old XT setup.

Similar Products Used: Shimano LX and XT hubs
Michael Eno   Racer [Feb 19, 2001]
Strength:

Beveled spoke holes mean fewer broken spokes. Sealed bearings can handle heavy loads on cargo bikes without the added friction inherent to cups and cones.

None really. I do wish Bullseye would make a track hub with a reverse threaded lock-ring. Bullseye suggests using lock-tite on track cogs. I'm not sure I trust this, but they said they do it all the time and the cog doesn't loosen. Even with repeated skiding.(they claim)

I think Bullseye makes the strongest hub on the market. Older Bullseye hubs should still be good as new, even after a few rims have failed. I have two older hubs and two newer rear hubs. Also, I am a bike mechanic for a messenger service in San Francisco. I never have to replace broken spokes for riders using Bullseye hubs. I know of more than 20 bike messengers in SF who use Bullseye hubs. Many of these hubs have been used daily on rough streets for more than six years.