Bontrager Race Single Speed Hub

• 18t cog and lockring included

[Sep 25, 2016]
lubes17319
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Durability; in use since 5/2010

I guess its weight, but I can take a dump that weighs more than the difference between this & a hub costing $200 more.

Came on my 2010 Rig & pedaled it for 1.5yrs.
Swapped wheel to a new frame & DH-ed it for a summer at Trestle Bike Park, then rode AM for another 4 yrs.
The hub has been rebuilt through 4 rims now & I am still currently using it. I did replace the hub body about 3 yrs ago. Shocked (&pleased) to have it survive 6 yrs of my 220# mashing on it.

I would love to get a fancy Hope/CK/I9, but it keeps hoping & going.........

Shimano - junk

[Jun 13, 2007]
Roger Doger

Strength:

Um, heavy? Okay, none.

Heavy as hell. It lasted all of three rides before the internals started grinding. Totally garbage, but functions.

Only get this wheelset if you plan on upgrading very quickly. Yet again, Bontrager makes more low end garbage. I think only pros get the quality stuff and Bontrager works off of the publicity then sells garbage.

[May 24, 2007]
Joel

Strength:

Even when Freehub boby is shot you can still ride it while you wait the 1 mo for a replacement

freehub body, Bontrager stock,

The hub is crap. Ride it until it breaks then replace it. 1000 mi in and it is nearly seized. Also these things are on backorder from Bontrager for forever I guess. I am going to buy a real hub.

many hubs

[Nov 02, 2006]
sugs xtreme

Strengths?

lockring, freehub or was that freehub, lockring...bearings

Bad: As often as a singlespeed cog is changed the lockring is not durable.
Worse: The freehub...again durability, they do not last long 3 to 5 months tops.
Worst: You have to remove the axle and the bearing to replace the sh!#y freehub. After a couple of freehubs the bearing is junk! I guess that means the freehub is actually the worst thing.