Kenda Kross Plus Fatbike Tire

Kross Plus

Tire Bead: Steel ISO Diameter: 559 ISO Width: 50 mmTireType: ClincherTire Diameter: 26"Tire Use: Mountain Weight: 592 g PSI: 40-65 PSI

Wallonie   Cross Country Rider [Jul 29, 2012]
Strength:

Nice for combination riding (gravel trails in hydro cuts, hard packed, with paved road thrown in)

Flats at least once a week in the rear tire, despite me adding a puncture-resistant liner; sidewall strength questionable.

Looking for a better tire and tube combination.

gussandabbydaddy   Weekend Warrior [Jun 05, 2011]
Strength:

Sticky and FAST, corners well fantastic ability to float on top of sugar sand, from parking lots to power line roads and trails.

a bit heavY, but likly adds to durability

ROLLS FAST. FLOATS OVER SUGAR SAND, DEFINATELY FEEL SECURE WITH THIS ON... FINALLY WORE OUT MY HEMISPHERES AND WAS NOT WANTING TO SPEND $40 A PC FOR THE NEWEST ARMADILLO VERSION... AND THESE HAD SHOULDERS THAT LOOKED LIKE THEY COULD HELP GOING DOWN POWERLINE AND CANAL FRONT ROADS HERE IN SO FL... SINCE KENDA IS A OEM SUPPLIER FOR MANY I GOT OVER NOT STICKING WITH "BRANDED TIRES" IF YOU DO CITY, DIRT ROAD STUFF THIS CANNOT BE BEAT...

Similar Products Used: specialized hemisphere slicks x 26 x 1.95
singletrackWI   Cross Country Rider [Jun 17, 2010]
Strength:

Low rolling resistance, excellent on road cornering, great on hard pack, no noise

None, if used the way they are intended and designed to be used.

Ok, I am going to say, that there is not a single negative thing about the tire when used as intended. Hard pack and blue groove cornering, no problem. Asphalt, well it was designed for this. You gain sustained speed on the paved bike trails and sidewalks, it sucks up all the bumps with ease, I have jumped rocks, roots and curbs with no issue as well. I also have a dual wall rim which aids in strength and tube protection. I take the 20 minutes to swap out tires to my Panaracers or other Kenda's when hitting the single tracks. When going on asphalt trails during the week, I swap out for these Kross Plus's. They simply cannot be beat and give you the added option for light off road use. Less than $30 for a pair of them and tubes is even better.

ageorge87   Racer [May 19, 2010]
Strength:

smooth and fast rolling

buy these tires. and when you wear them out, buy another set! i ride these and i like mine a lot. usually what i do is switch out my tires with these when im not in the dirt. i would recommend them for any type of on-road, gravel, and smooth dirt surface. however, if the pavement gets wet watch out! they do get a little slippery. they do fine in a fairly straight ride but make sure to slow down in corners when they're wet.

Similar Products Used: n/a
fatcat   Weekend Warrior [Jan 17, 2010]
Strength:

This tire is awesome. It rolls on asphalt like a champ, it has very little rolling resistance. The inside tread is bald which makes the tire roll easily on the street and sticks on dirt hard pack. Even on wet streets this tire grips. Some say the side knobs are useless, but I have had them hold lines on curvy dirt fire roads.

Only available in 1.95 width

Highly recommend for commuters and light off road use.
However, if you are an experienced dirt rider, its a great tire regardless of the lack of knobbies.

It is super fast and you may experience too much speed on the downhills be it dirt or asphalt. So be careful.

Sadly this tire is not available in a 2.30 or 2.50 version. If it was, they will sell a lot, as many trail riders and DH
bikers would love this tire. The version I had is a 1.95, somewhat skinny tire. Its available as a "Schwinn" tire (Schwinn wrapper) but in reality its says Kenda Kross Plus on the sidewalls, got it in the bicycle section of my local OSH Home and Garden store.

Similar Products Used: Kenda K-Rads, Maxxis Highroller SS
BajaBob   Cross Country Rider [Nov 13, 2009]
Strength:

Smooth on pavement, grab in loose gravel on turns, better than my Maxxis High Rollers for speed.

Don't climb very well on unpaved roads.

Needed a good set of MTB slicks with knobby sidewalls on my Trek 950 Singletrack for street and fire roads. These are basically a fire road tire. I have to ride 5 miles to the trail on asphalt and then ride 15 miles on gravel/dirt fire roads. These tires do it. I have 750 miles on them and they show no wear. Put my old set of Mr. Tuffy bike liners on when I installed them. I use my Nevagals on full suspension for Wildcat Canyon steeeeep winding drops and these to cruise around the fire roads. Stops slides in loose gravel on turns and in potholes.
Wish I used these instead of Schwalbe Marathons when I rode my Trek 950 1,100 miles down the Baja on pavement and loose gravel roads. Dirt is like ice on Marathons.
Would never use them on my Yeti or Prophet.

Similar Products Used: Schwalbe Marathon, Kenda Nevagal DTC, Maxxis High Rollers, Continental Traffic, Continental Mountain Kings.
Ken Shubert   Cross Country Rider [Oct 11, 2009]
Strength:

Inexpensive, Good on wet surface, Corners well, Nice quiet street tread.

Seems light and thin but no flats from street debris.

600 miles of street riding with no problems. Nice and quiet and rolls easy compared to knobbies. Riding my old MTB on city streets is a pleasure now. Broken pavement, chuck-holes, and broken glass have not been a problem. A good commuter tire for the price. There are not many street tires for MTBs to choose from and the Kenda Kross is affordable.

Similar Products Used: None --- all others were off-road MTB tires.
aa1pr   Weekend Warrior [Jul 16, 2009]
Strength:

Good for paved roads or trails, Seemed to grab on wet rocks Though.

Weak sidewall, side knobs are useless. Tire is cheaply Built

I would not recommend

driscoli   Cross Country Rider [Jun 04, 2009]
Strength:

low rolling resistance, side treads relatively grippy, cheap

none so far

This appears to be a good cheap semi-slick now that I've started commuting more on roads and need a little less rolling resistance. They roll great and have shaved some time off my commute. They appear to grip decently in the turns but I've only been in some light mud with them, nothing more. I only have about 100 miles on them so far but part of my commute is a sharp gravel track that I've flatted on before - so far no problems. I've kept them inflated to 60-65psi for the most part. Consider these for mixed use and non-technical trails or commuting. Overall they're a good tire at the right price for my daily ride to work.

Similar Products Used: none - this is my first semi-slick tire since I'm commuting partially on roads now - I switch off these with IRC Mythos tires when I'm on the trails
jim walker idaho   Weekend Warrior [Jul 08, 2008]
Strength:

Affordable, smooth ride on pavement. Stable in the gravel. Rolls easy and is much faster than knobbys.

None so far

I bought these tires for two reasons. They were cheap, and they are designed for pavement and gravel. I have rode on both surfaces and I love these tires. They roll so much easier than the knobbys that were on the bike and they feel very stable on the gravel. I'm very happy with these tires.