Specialized Renegade Control 29er Tire

Specialized Renegade Control 29er Tire

High-end competitive XC performance - hardpack to intermediate conditions. XC World Champion Christoph Sauser once again challenged our engineers to come up with a new tire—one that's superlight and 2Bliss Ready, with a fast-rolling tread design that maintains traction in climbing, cornering, and braking. The resulting Renegade will be tearing up the World Cup circuit this year.

• Casing: 420/D1 for 15% improved cut resistance
  • Bead: Aramid
  • Compound: 60a
  • Butyl wrapped bead = 2Bliss Ready
  • 29" x 1.95; psi 35-65

[Dec 05, 2012]
TiGeo

Strength:

Lightweight and fast. Price. Easy to set up tubeless. What else do you want?

Not a high-volume tire; I need to run more air in this than I did in my previous rear tire or else it would burp. Not a great tire for muddy, wet, or loose conditions (duh).

I bought this to drop some weight from my bike for some racing I was doing; it worked. Its plenty fast w/v. low rolling resistance which was just what I needed. I have no issues with grip. I am not going to use it through the winter.

This tire replaced my Ground Control 29x2.1 rear tire for summer/dry conditions. I am still riding it into the fall with the leaves and it hasn't bothered me enough to change it back out.

[Nov 19, 2012]
Devastazione

Strength:

Obscenely fast,good grip only when new.

Wears out very fast

Looking for a fast rear tire ? Look no further,these thing will make you take off. But if your live on the bike like i do (i ride 4/5 times a week) give this tire 3 weeks and it's done.

[Aug 27, 2011]
The Trooper

Strength:

Lightweight, minimal rolling resistance, and durable.

Minimal rolling resistance means less traction in the corners. Small tread blocks wear down quickly.

I find this to be an excellent race tire. It's very light for a 29er tire, and has surprising traction for the minimal tread. The S-Works version is well under 500 grams, and subsequently too fragile to run on the back, but suitable for the front. I ran this combination since last Spring without a single puncture. And that's with countless laps on the Rim Nordic race course, which has a lot of jagged rocks.

I rate this tire from a racing perspective. Trail riders will want a wider and/or more aggressive tire.

Fast Trak