Specialized Renegade Control 2Bliss Ready 29er Tire

Renegade Control 2Bliss Ready

Super-light and 2Bliss Ready, with a tread that will roll fast, but maintain traction in climbing, cornering and braking. 420/D1 casing for 15% improved cut resistance.

KCPreaux   Cross Country Rider [Jun 05, 2016]
Strength:

Fast
Smooth

None yet

I just put Renegades (1.8) on the front and rear of my gravel bike - Surly Cross Check. Local bike shop dude told me I'd be "blown away" at how fast and smooth these tires are. I have yet to return and thank him. Best, fastest tire I've had on the CC in two years. Super smooth over the rougher gravel, and it wails on the smooth tracks and pavement. Great traction and minimal resistance. Almost feels like a slick sometimes. Definitely recommended as a gravel tire.

Reilly   All Mountain Rider [Jun 05, 2013]
Strength:

Rolls good, surprisingly puncture resistant for minimal tread. Pretty good grip over hardpack and cement. While the grip is garbage on loose stuff, it at least slides predictably. Probably easy to set up tubeless, as most spec tires are.

Wears out fast. No grip on rocky or loose terrain. Low volume and soft carcass means lots of dings in your wheels and pinch flat galore if you ride on anything other than smooth hard pack.

This tire came on the rear of a specialized epic 29, in a 1.95

I can't really recommend this tire for anything. It performs pretty average on hard pack and cement, basically like you would expect from a tire in its class. But it doesn't grip in any other conditions, leaving its applications very limited. Kenda Small Block eights feel about the same on hard pack and road but perform a lot better in all other situations. It really doesn't bring anything to the table that you couldn't get elsewhere, and likely for less money. If all you ride is road and hard pack, then maybe consider it, but at $55.00? No way.

Similar Products Used: Kenda Small Block Eight, Kenda Slant Six.
Stemag   [Jan 08, 2013]
Strength:

fast rolling, easy mounting tubeless.

No grip what so ever, slippery on roots.

This tyre came on the rear wheel with my Specialized epic comp FSR 29:er (Fast track in front)
It rolls fast but it has poor grip on slippery roots, and it often spins when i go uphill on loose tracks.

Alex Abbas   Cross Country Rider [May 17, 2012]
Strength:

Really light and fast, surprisingly good traction

Leaked a lot through sidewalls at first. It took me a long time to get all the pinholes sealed.

I got the 1.8" version of this tire and love it. I put it on front and rear for technical cyclocross races and it worked well. Obviously heavier than a cyclocross tire but the added traction and confidence made up for it. It makes road-riding to and from the trails a lot more pleasant, and I like it for regular cross country rides too. Haven't raced cross country on it yet but I bet it'd rule on a smooth fast course.

Similar Products Used: Bontrager Jones XR 1.8"
Mark   Cross Country Rider [May 13, 2012]
Strength:

Grip, toughness,speed and sealled first go.

They wear very quickly if ridden on asphalt. Some of us have to ride on asphalt to get to our trails. Try and keep as a race day only tire.

The Renegade 1.95 came as standard on my 2012 Epic Comp Carbon as the rear tire. I was a little dubious at first but now I have nothing but praise for this tire. I ride in very rocky sandy country and this tire handles it with easy. Set up tubeless or 2bliss (specialized) with Stans this tire rocks on the rear. The tire is fast but grips like crazy. I will replace the current tire with another but I will try and keep it just for racing. I've have the current tire on now for 4 months and it has just about had it which isn't very long for the price of them. The 1.95 is about perfect for a XC racer and has a good volume.

Similar Products Used: Small block 8 but nowhere near as good or as fast.