Serfas Krest 29r 29er Tire

• Great for All Conditions
  • Pressure: 65 PSI
  • Size: 29" x 2.1"

dtimms   Cross Country Rider [Mar 18, 2010]
Strength:

tough tire, good traction on the rear (haven't used them up front) puncture resistant, great price.

Heavy, Would like more volume for the front

Great tire for the price. It is heavy but it hasn't left me stranded. I have rode this tire in the mud, sand, rocks, you name it. it has performed well and i will definitely buy this tire again.

Similar Products Used: Kenda Nevegal, Maxis Ignitor, Kenda Small Block 8, Kenda Kharma, Misc WTB tires
BeautifulBike   Cross Country Rider [Jul 04, 2009]
Strength:

Excels in all conditions. Best bang for your buck 29" tire available. I've ridden this tire everywhere. They've been on 50 mile death marches and the local single track. It is impervious to mud build up, grips on steep choss, corners amazingly and the "Flat Protection System" has worked great for me. I run this tire on a Stan's ZTR rim with Stan's solution and 22-28 PSI.

I would love this tire in a kevlar bead to reduce some weight.

Can't beat the tire for the price. Nothing comes close.

Similar Products Used: Cross Mark, the Captain, Nevegal, Small Block 8, Bontrager Dry Condition ACD I think?
umarth   Weekend Warrior [Jun 13, 2009]
Strength:

Price. For fifteen bucks each I don't have to have a pair of tires for the road. They have been very solid in Oregon conditions, though I wish they were wider. They grip well, roll well and are a steal of a price.

They don't always clear mud as well as my Rampages did and sometimes I think the front washes out if the ground is a little loose- pebbly streams and the like. Didn't notice this problem with the Rampages.

Worth the cash. I'm considering keeping it as the rear tire and running something bigger in the front, but as long as the price is less than Rampages, I'll be buying them, at least for the rear tire. Great bang for the buck.

Similar Products Used: Rampages (29er), Velociraptors and Nevegals.
njoehawkeye   Cross Country Rider [May 26, 2009]
Strength:

Traction, low rolling resistance, puncture resistant, cheap, tread pattern eerilly similar to the Nevegal, which is twice as expensive.

heavy, a little skinny.

I really didn't think these tires would shine like they did on the Loose Trails outside Gallup NM. However I was thoroughly impressed with the traction on the loose sand and hardpack we encountered. If you need a cheap do itall 9r tires check them out. They also work pretty well in town at higher pressure. Also, I'm running them a t about 30 psi with tubes and haven't pinch flatted them on some pretty rough trails on the front range.