Origin 8 Captiv-8er 29er Tire

Origin 8 Captiv-8er 29er Tire

A rounded profile, inverted tread. Excellent all around fast and grippy hardpack or street tire.

[Oct 12, 2015]
Adam Sparks

Strength:

Quiet, smooth, sticky in the corners. Promotes a very smooth and responsive ride. Feels durable, I am sure they will last.

A little on the heavy side, lighter than a serfas drifter or continental town and country.

I have these on my Salsa Fargo. I use it for commuting and touring, and the occasional gravel road. I was looking for something that would be high volume and give a smooth but quick enough ride, and they deliver. I haven't put enough miles on them to testify to the durability but I haven't been able to make a dent in them yet. They are very sticky and corner well. They feel planted and firm on dry pavement and ride very smooth. Seems good in the wet too. They are quiet but you can hear them stick to some surfaces. I was hoping that they'd be a little lighter, I have the 29x2.10 version. The website says 65 max psi but the casing on my tire says 50 max psi. Id like to try 65, i am sure they'd be quicker but don't want a blow out. I have split the difference and they seem fine. As for gravel usage, I managed about 30 yards on a shortcut this morning and it wasn't a problem, some of it was hard pack dirt. They also did fine on a hard pack trail. I will update later if possible.