Origin 8 Agit-8er 29er Tire

Agit-8er

Race and train on this all-purpose 29er tire. Square center blocks and a rounded profile means grip and speed.

GreenCanoe   Weekend Warrior [Nov 11, 2012]
Strength:

Cheap, cheap, cheap.

Cheap, cheap, cheap.

I'll say these are good practice tires at best. I put these on after my stock Bontrager tires and with the hardpack clay around my local trail, it seemed like a good match. But unfortunately they wash out unexpectedly, and even on the least technical terrain. For example, there is one section where the trail runs relatively high-speed through a drainage ditch. Even when clean and dry, at the turn near the end these tires will consistently lose traction - never in the same direction, though. I am currently running about 35 PSI front and rear (210lbs hardtail). Much lower and I start getting sluggish control. On the clay they hold up pretty well, but that's no great feat, the clay conforms to the tire here, and I can't think of a tire that might fail going straight and level. When it matters most, you can't trust these things. Spend a couple extra doll hairs and get some Schwalbe Rapid Robs or another budget tire. At least they will turn when you want to turn.

Two Firey terds for the money, one firey terd for the product.