Duro Miner 29er Tire

Miner

One ofThe most popularTires inThe Duro line,The Miner 29er has won a XC national championships in 2009.The low profileTread makeThe Miner a fastTire in a variety of conditions. 60TPI Aramid Bead 566 grams (29x2.1)

John Hughes   Racer [Nov 10, 2013]
Strength:

Really REALLY strong grip in loose, dry and wet leaves, climbs well, great corner beads, lightweight. Mounted tubeless on Stan's Arch, sealed up and seated first try without any sealant, didn't leak at all (still added sealant after). Spins up quick, feels fast and light, doesn't pack up with mud. Cheap. But not cheaply made.

Feels tiny, looks wimpy. Very difficult to find good pressure setting, at 170lbs, I ran them at 20, 23, 25, 29 and 30psi for both front and rear. At 19psi they felt almost normal until I hit a root and they bottom out. At anything over 25 psi they felt like concrete. At 25 psi I found them to behave the best, still lacking suppleness and feel, but nice and grippy and fast. They don't descend worth a damn and deflect off everything.

I think these tires would serve a lightweight XC racer well on hard pack and flow trails but not so much on technical trails with big descents. They feel a bit wimpy for going wide open but I learned how to ride them after a dozen outings. Im pleased with their strenghths, they outweigh the negatives but not by much. I think a Racing Ralph or Maxxis Ignitor or Geax Saguaro is a better choice for the all around XC racer.
The Miners would shine on a hard packed and dry course. They would be amazing on an urban MTB. I wouldn't be surprised if Duro made these in a 2.2, they would be simply perfect with a little more but then they wouldn't be the Miner 29er, would they?

Similar Products Used: Hutchy Toro, Schwalbe Racing Ralph, Maxxis Ignitor, Hutchy Python
Mark mahl   Cross Country Rider [Sep 02, 2013]
Strength:

Inexpensive

Low volume, very narrow - not a full 2.1. Side wall wears out after about two months, no longer holds air tubeless. At 215 lbs and 35 lbs of air I still bottom tire out on rocks. ( when tubeless ). Doesn't do well in wet or muddy conditions.

Ok tire for smaller rider running tubes and rides smooth dry trails. Or a commuter.

Learux   Cross Country Rider [Dec 27, 2012]
Strength:

Price, price and price

So far none

Got it for $27 from Jenson. I will review when I have more miles. Thjs tire looks promising.

Right now we have pretty good conditions in Socal. Not quite hero dirt but fairly close.

Tire did great and I expect that to continue.

I am a fan of fast rolling x-country tires, this is one of them. 60 TPI means it is strong, not too heavy~550 grams. I think this tire will serve me well until the loose over hard shows up in Socal in late spring.

Todd   Racer [Nov 04, 2012]
Strength:

Traction
Durability
Price
Look

Have not found any yet.

Tire has been great. I only put two races on it this past year but had zero problems.