Bontrager 29-1 Team Issue 29er Tire

Bontrager 29-1 Team Issue 29er Tire

Faster, better cornering version of the proven original XR1 29er. Intended for fast hardpack or loamy conditions. Developed in conjunction with professional race teams. Covered by Bontrager's Unconditional Performance Guarantee. Available in 2.00 or 2.20, aramid bead, 120 TPI.

[Jun 04, 2012]
cyclingmagnet

Strength:

great fast rolling, light tire.

Bontrager has really improved their tires. This 29-1 really corners well and rolls fast. Perfect for xc racing. I haven't had it in mud, but that's not their intended use any way. I used the 2.1 in the rear. I want to try the 2.2 up front next. I'll report back.

OVERALL
[May 18, 2012]
Slick37075

Strength:

Great tread pattern for hard tacky trails, which is what I ride mostly. Sidewall seems to be pretty strong as I have ridden some pretty rocky trails and have had no problems.

None so far.
If you are riding soft or even muddy trails you probably won't like this tire.

These tires came as an original part on a 2012 Trek Superfly 100 AL Pro. My experience with original Tires, Grips and Saddles is that they are usually skimped on. These tires have been very durable both in tread-wear and strong sidewalls.
I ride hard tacky trails and these are perfect.