Bontrager 29-0 29er Tire

Bontrager 29-0 29er Tire

• Lightweight and quick rolling, designed for fast courses
  • TPI: 120
  • Bead: Aramid

[Aug 31, 2015]
scentofreason

Strength:

Don't roll that fast, have little to no grip cornering or climbing

Got these with high hopes. But was ultimately disappointed. As light as they are they never 'felt' light. Climbing traction was mediocre, cornering grip was mediocre. They were bought and used for mtb cross country racing. Felt like they slowed me down, as I could not descend as aggressively as I have with other lightweight tires I've used.

Had much better luck on all fronts with the lighter Maxxis Maxxlite tires, and even better luck on all fronts with the heavier Syncros Flavor tires.

[Nov 08, 2011]
inbikewetrust

Strength:

Light weight. Sharp cornering. Fast rolling.

None for races.

Remember - these are only race tires !
Size: 29x1.9
Weight: 414g
Works perfect for my weight of 70kg.
They are confident, safe and faster than competitors.
Sharp cornering, be careful to exceed the limits of physics - after all it's just a tire. A good race tire.
Dry trail - very fast and safe.
Wet trail - very fast and safe enough.
Muddy trail - very fast and still safe.

Furious Fred

[Dec 18, 2010]
fubbaquestor

Strength:

Light, fast, deceivingly grippy

Will wear

Perfect race tire, it flies, but will wear with regular use faster than most.

Getting a 29-2 to have an everyday tireset (29-3 2.25 front 29-2 2.1 rear) and a raceday set (29-2 2.1 front and 29-0 rear)

Bontrager 29-3 set

[Jun 18, 2010]
foghorn32

Strength:

lightweight for a 29er, amazing traction for minimalist tread, soft rubber hooks up well

reliablity, durability, a bit pricey

Fantastic tire for the advertised use; I was looking for a lightweight race day only tire to cut weight where it matters most; I'm a bit of a meathead and don't have the term finesse in my vocabulary. so I was leery of the thinness and lightness, but I rode them hard (granted only one ride) and they did AMAZINGLY well; I didn't have to scrub speed or break traction anywhere I was used to finding the line on my other bikes/tires. Incredible; crisp handling and acceleration, amazing grip. only weakness was the pinch flat I got w the over inflated 700c cyclocross tube, so im running the stock 29er tube; may try a tubeless conversion later. the tread does wear quickly (seeing some after just one hour ride) and the manager of my LBS who rides them as his primary tire agrees. But for a race day only tire, its worth it. FWIW when mounted to the stock bonty duster 29er rims there's a mm or two of sidewall not "shrouded" by the tread and it looks like its begging for a rock to slash it; however I slammed through a couple nasty ones and it came through no problem.

Bontrager 29-3 TLR team issue, rest all 26er's: kenda karma 1.9, maxxis crossmark, spesh resolution 2.0, kenda komodo, kenda cortez 2.4, nevegal 2.35 DTC,