Moxey Suspension Seatpost Suspension Seatpost

Suspension Seatpost

Moxey Suspension Seatpost

Gaydajean   Weekend Warrior [Aug 02, 2010]
Strength:

I bought the product way-back when Moxey Bros had a patent pending. I've used many seatposts -- telescopic and not --, and this is by far my favorite. It has lots of travel, making the ride much more comfortable. Others who have ridden by bicycle appreciated the seatpost too.

I found none.

Buy it if you're looking for lots of down and back travel. I probably wouldn't recommend it if your bike has full suspension because you might compromise crank-to-wheel energy transfer. I was so sorry when I had to get rid of my first one. I'm glad they got the patent on it.

Similar Products Used: U.S.E. road, Tamer Pivot Plus Suspension seatpost,
ace lee   Cross Country Rider [Jul 17, 2002]
Strength:

long travel distance, fairly light compared to full suspension rear shox..super plush ride takes every bump...

well if cost worries you...and it weighs a lot more than regular seatpost...if you like the hard feeling in the butt...this thing will make you mad

Well..i've ridden fullsuspension all the way and i got this litespeed hardtail..

i know it's stupid to have a Ti bike and have a super heavy suspension seatpost...but i couln't help buying this...it looks so cool.

so i bought it and wow...it takes almost all the bumps from small to medium..you're not supposed to be sitted when taking bigger ones..

some people worry about back and forth movement...but it's nothing. Like we used to think the sun went around earth, it feels like the bike is moving by itself...so basically it does what a suspension is supposed to do...it suspends the rider while the bike does the moving...

if you had a full suspension and want a bike that goes faster? then you should try this...mine was the only one left in the shop because they don't make it anymore...

still, there should be some left in old shops..so go and buy before it's too late.

Similar Products Used: rock shox
Jon   Racer [Oct 28, 2001]

Pushed out of business. Waranty is screwed.

This seat post is great, lightweight and very functional. If you ride where roots and rocks cover the trail. You can make it sooo much easier by getting one of these (if you can find one) I got mine cheap but it would be worth twice what I paid. This thing keeps my back from being sore and makes two hour rides seem like forty-five minute ones. It also looks trick. I was always torn between a F.S. bike and a hard tail. I bought a hard tail because it cost half as much and I can make it into a FS in ten minutes. There is an advantage over a FS though. My bike is lighter and cheaper and my energy is put into the pedaling. Don't buy one of those pogo stick Rock shox things. When you ride, your weight rocks back and forth, Not up and down. The linkage does the same back and forth motion. You should at least try it for kicks and decide for yourself. I just know that I have a weight advantage over the other racers

Similar Products Used: rock shox seat post- tested
Jessica Creces   Weekend Warrior [Jan 03, 2002]
Strength:

Allows hardtail riders to get the feel of a full suspension for a bit cheaper price; Saves you from sore butts when riding bumpy or rooty trails; Looks really cool and often have people asking, "What the hell is that"; Pivot suspension action is much more natural than typical "up-down" suspension seat posts!

Cane Creek called on Moxey for patent infringement so you can't get them just anywhere now. The Cane Creek Thudbuster is pretty much the same, but doesn't look quite as funky...

This Moxey is an amazing purchase, I wouldn't trade mine in for anything. My butt is a lot happier these days and it is probably the best component I've added to my hardtail yet...
I was lucky to find one on eBay for a pretty good price, but if I would have had to buy one retail here in Canada it would have cost me over $200, that is pretty steep! The one-size-fits-all shim it comes with is useless for a large diameter post, so spend the extra 5 bucks and get one that actually fits.
Definitely the way to go if you have a hardtail!!

Similar Products Used: Tried a Cane Creek Thudbuster
GREGY   Racer [Dec 13, 2001]
Strength:

EFFICIENT AND FUNCTIONAL THE NEWER ELASTOMERS HAVE A DAMPING QUALITIES

LITTLE HEFTY

FULL SUSPENSION RIDE WITH A RELATIVLY LOW PRICE TAG. EFICIENT STAY SEATED ON THE ROUGH AND DOWNHILLS =SAVE ENERGY WIN RACES. THE MOXEY IS A LITTLE HEAVIER THAN THE COMPETITION BUT THE QUALITY AND FUNCTION HAVE GOT THEM BEAT, THE CUSTOMER SUPPORT RULES THEY SENT ME NEW BUSHINGS AND TOOL FOR FREE. WHEN I BROKE ONE OF THE OLDER ELASTOMERS MY DEALER SWAPED IT OUT FOR A NEW ONE ON THE SPOT. I RACED CROSS WITH THIS SEATPOST THIS YEAR IT RULED REMOUNTS WHERE CUSHY AND MY PEDAL STROKE WAS UNINTERUPTED I DID WELL THANKS TEAM-V

Similar Products Used: CANE CREEK/THUDBUSTER G-SHOCK USE
GREGY   Racer [Dec 13, 2001]
Strength:

EFFICIENT AND FUNCTIONAL THE NEWER ELASTOMERS HAVE A DAMPING QUALITIES

LITTLE HEFTY

Similar Products Used: CANE CREEK/THUDBUSTER G-SHOCK USE
Miles   [Nov 14, 2001]
Strength:

SOLID; this post blows every other suspension seatpost out of the water in the lateral stability department; I used one for almost three years without it developing any play; of course the suspension action is smooth as well, and does a tremendous job of making your hardtail both more comfortable and faster (and you get less fatigued); the customer service was fantastic

I never ran across any

This is the suspension seatpost to have; I have ridden across the country, and never ran into any trail system for which the bike did not benefit from having this post. Too bad they were pushed out of business, due to patent disputes. This really sucks for me, because I had just gotten a new post (after my older one had been stolen), but made the mistake of going for the hard elastomer. This harder spring does not really provide enough travel for me (I weigh 165), so I have had to take the post off. It is currently for sale if anyone is interested, and weighs ~180 or more. Regardless, this is truly a gem, and the industry is the worse for not having them around anymore.

Similar Products Used: Cane Creek Thudbuster
Rob   Cross-Country Rider [Dec 27, 1999]
Strength:

Pro Model:
looks cool, put together nicely,soaks up everything, did I say looks cool?

big bumps bounce!!, Installing the seat

I wanted a full, but for 200.00 smackers, I thought I would try it. I liked it, alot! My friends have full rides but I thought this did a great job of soaking it up and the best part??....I'm still on my steel hard tail.
takes about 3 times to get used to but now I automatically get off of the seat over the big stuff (you will be shot off the seat) and let the post soak up the rest and like I said,it does a great job at it.
As far as set up, don't mess around, get the alum shim they offer, it's worth the 20 dollars more. anyway, if you love your hardtail and still want something more....try it out......4 poppers for the post!

Similar Products Used: a plenty of full setups
Garth   cross-country rider [Sep 20, 1998]

Got the Moxey XC with the blue firm elastomer a couple of months ago. I have been fairly pleased with it since getting it installed. It works pretty good for soaking up low amplitude low frequency bumps, similar to what I get when riding on the road or on semi-washboard logging roads. Where it lacks for me is in the big stuff or the high frequency bumps. When I called them up to order I was advised, by the sales rep, to get the firm blue elastomer based upon my aggressive riding style and weight (195 lbs.) I have been hoping that the elastomer would soften up with use but it hasn't so far even with a lot of miles log in the saddle. It seems to be a bit quick on the rebound, probably due to the firmness of the elastomer and the lack of any sort of damping. All in all I would say it does help to take the edge off of the small stuff, which is what it is intended to do, but I would probably go with the softer elastomer to get a bit more plush feel from it.

Jason   weekend warrior [Mar 16, 1998]

I replaced the heavy Avocet racing saddle on my Gary Fisher Paragon with a Moxey Pro post and a Flite titanium/kevlar saddle, and the weight of my bike actually seemed to decrease. My bike is now an absolute pleasure to ride. I don't know how any of the other suspension seatposts can even be considered in the same class as the Moxey. When I purchased the Moxey, I figured since I was already dropping over $200, I might as well order the custom aluminum shim and an extra elastomer. So far, I don't know how my poor butt got by without it.