RCR Bomber Cartridge Shock Upgrade

Bomber Cartridge

Bomber Cartridge

Scott Simpson   Cross Country Rider [Sep 10, 2002]
Strength:

Better than OEM cartridge

Not built to last, need to shim upper shaft under adjustment knob seems an after thought

I have access to a gearhead friend who loves a good project. He is currently fabricating 2 replacement units "based" on RCR's design, but going that EXTRA step and making them bomb proof and TOTALLY maintainable/rebuildable. He's anal and they will make RCR envious !

IF you can't build your own
Drop the fluid 2x a season, run 10 weight in the cool weather and 15 in the hot

I ride hard and frequently so its worth the effort to me. If you don't like maintenance, get an AIR shock and let your local wrench do the tune ups

Similar Products Used: OEM 5x two were sent from Marzocchi defective.
fred   Downhiller [Mar 19, 2000]
Strength:

improves ride quality

blew out 2 times

RCR had a good idea but they need to make it last. the ride was way better, until it blew out man my fork felt like a ROCK shox.
dont bother with these

ian jacob   weekend warrior [Jan 19, 1999]

After riding a Z1 for a few weeks, I decided that I loved the travel and plushness but hated the bobbing. So i threw in the RCR cartridge and after getting used to playing with the settings I loved it. It kicks ass!!!
All around action drastically improved! I've been riding with the cartridge for almost a year and the only reason I would'nt give it five stars is because quality is a touch sub-par and I've blown the damn thing 3X..
+++++ Greatly Improves Fork Action and Control of the bike
----- Leaky Little @$&%*!
Stick with what you got...just change oil viscosity and height according to your weight.Same goes for the springs.