Push Industries Shock Rebuild Service Shock Upgrade

Shock Rebuild Service

Not a product, but definitely a shock upgrade, Push Industries specializes in rebuilding customer forks and shocks.

Includes:
-Complete Disassembly/Reassembly
-Oil/Nitrogen Fill
-O-Ring Kit
-Push Vault Seal Housing
-Push PTFE Endless Piston Glyde Band
-R-Glyde Liner Eyelet Bearings

Prices vary depending on your shock model.

Nick D   Weekend Warrior [May 22, 2015]
Strength:

Customer Service, Performance of Upgrade, Overall Experience

NONE. AT ALL.

Bottom line: These guys listen to their clients needs and deliver a significant improvement over stock all with awesome customer service.

I had been having an issue with my RP23K rear shock and really never was happy with any of the set ups that I had tried including using the Fox app. I am a heavier rider at a lean-ish 230# out of the shower and am athletic and ride very aggressively. I tried several different pressures and it was either too stiff or soggy and bouncy... I usually just left it at the higher pressures and rode. Once I noticed a rebound dampening issue I decided to ship it out to the guys at PUSH and see what they could offer....

I was a little skeptical at first an considered just doing the FOX factory rebuild but after a single email I was sold on the PUSH re-tune / rebuild. My initial email was responded to quickly with every question answered and not a bit of the condescending tone typical of the bicycle industry. I shipped my shock out overnight on a Monday and once opting for Express return shipping, I had it back Thursday. I even received a call when the shock was in mid service explaining some additional damage they found and asking permission to replace additional parts. I went ahead and had them do what they thought was necessary only having my expectations raised.

I continued to be impressed upon receiving the shock and noticing that the additional parts that they replaced were included and had the damage marked with sharpie. This a great reassurance that the extra money I spent was warranted.

On the trails I was really blown away. In ProPedal there was nearly zero bob and the bike felt more responsive than ever pedaling out of the saddle.. With the suspension open there still felt like there was the perfect platform for pedaling and when the suspension was needed it was there and extremely plush under bigger hits... I was actually finding myself wanting another bike but now I am loving my bike again... The bike feels incredibly well tuned and I am 1000% happy with the purchase/ service.

I will be sending them my fork in the Fall.

RIDEATX   [Feb 24, 2015]
Strength:

Great service, response form staff, answered all questions and Rich shot me straight. Great mod, shock now has control, very stable, rebound damping is perfect, and I am riding stuff under complete control I could not before.

None so far.

Had the Elite service on my 13 Fox 34 CTD for my Santa Cruz Tallboy LTc. Lots of problems here before I sent it off. Was considering getting a pike but for less than half, I would not trade it for a Pike now. Perfectly Set for my style, weight, bike. I also had the rear shock done at the same time and even though it was pricey, I am SO GLAB I HAD THEM BOTH DONE.

Completely different bike and performance. WOW.

DB   All Mountain Rider [Jul 04, 2014]
Strength:

Quick turnaround , professional easy to use service, awesome upgrade to any shock

the rider

To explain the strengths I will start off with the shocks weakness. The shock that was pushed was a CTD fox non kasima. shock that came on a Santa Cruz Tallboy LTc ( the cheapest carbon package).. Great bike.The shock was hard to get set and lacked a overall plush feel with out sacrificing the proper rebound. tried different pressures, settings , ect., ect. ect. and it just never felt that great. the ctd would also allow the suspension top wallow into trail depressions in descend or trail settings( I hate having to flick the lever on the shock on single track). On the other hand the shock would bottom out easily on 2-4' drops when set to specified air pressures for my weight and even above recommended air pressures. Overall this was the WORST FOX SHOCK I have ridden to date.
That said I decided to see what push could do. Sent the shock in and received it back about 1 week later - very painless. When I received the shock back i was clean well packaged, came with some stickers and a set up card. I bolted it up checked the rebound and went for a ride. the shock preformed WAY above my expectations. First off it was a controlled and very balanced climbing ( in the descend mode) never wallowed into the trail depressions- basically felt like a different bike on the climb, enough so I thought it might have a problems on the downs. Wow was I wrong . On the downhill side of things the bike was awesome. The shock erased trail chatter and sucked up any drop offs, rocks, ect. with ease. I even tried to hit some of the landings harder but it still felt controlled and smooth. the best part was at the end of the ride I saw the blue indicator o ring still had about a 1/8" before the end of the shock stroke - it wasn't bottoming out any longer. AWESOME JOB PUSH I will use the push service again

Fris   All Mountain Rider [Feb 12, 2014]
Strength:

Superior shop techs rebuild your shock. Resulting in a 'better than new' shock. They give me a set of sleeves too. Easy to ship to CO. Shock was finished a week ahead of time!

I hesitated big time. I did not want to spend that much, but I did, and it was worth it.

Expect to spend some pretty pennies, but it is worth all of them! My Pushed Septune works better than any other xc shock I have ever ridden. I was having trouble with the negative pressure and tuning adjustments(which never worked anyway!). They fixed it all and tuned the shock to fit my terrain needs, fast and flowing. I can huck more than ever. Thanks Push

foolkiller   All Mountain Rider [Oct 20, 2013]
Strength:

Product was exactely what I wanted.

Only approaching about 50 miles of riding on the serviced units and no weaknesses detected so far. I do not expect to find any problems.

A simple and light weight 36 FLOAT R O/B up front and FLOAT R out back is my XC setup on my Nomad... they never performed well so I was always riding around on my coil/coil setup that is a bit overkill for XC. Finally sent the FLOAT Rs to PUSH... I could not be happier with the results. I will still swap on my coils and other assorted DH/AMish parts for the appropriate rides but I now have the XC version of my bike that I have been struggling to get right for a couple years thanks to the PUSH team. I put a lot of miles in this weekend and the bike really answered all bells in both small bump compliance and appropriate use of full travel. Both units were installed and ridden with the pressure and settings right out of the box from PUSH and did really well. I did add one click of rebound eventually but I can really geek out on something like shock settings so one adjustment to get the performance dialed is pretty spot on. Took one chili for the value rating because I think they can do this work for less money but I am in no way dissappointed with the service and outcome.

Similar Products Used: Never used any other MTB specific suspension service aside from OEM manufactures. I understand Avalanche Suspension services are good too but have not used them either. All others I have heard of receive as much poor reviews and good. Folks seem to be consistently happy with PUSH.
binrat   [May 26, 2013]
Strength:

Communication. I sent it in before the date, got a call once it was there after the in inspection, talked to them about it. Once complete got an e-mail with a tracking number, life is good.
Build Quality. I got what I wanted and so far life is grand riding the bike / shock now.

None yet.

Just had my rear shock rebuilt for my work bike (2012 RM Element 70 msl). Got it in the mail on Friday, had it back on the bike by Sat morning. Got about 10 hours on it by Sunday night. Simply awesome compared to before. The shock now compliments the bike and my riding style ( easy downhill and XC). I highly recommend Push.

Marguerite   [Sep 19, 2012]
Strength:

I sent a chewed up Talas Fork from a 2006 Specialized Enduro that my son bought to be rebuilt and converted over to a Float. They got it and Nick called me right away explaining that the condition of the fork was horrid (my word) and both the top and lower tubes would need to be replaced...noting that it would appear the forks had never been serviced. He said, basically we can rebuild you a better than new fork for $850 which will be less than a new one ($1200). After I caught my breath he says but....you know you can probably find a old new fork, especially at this time of the year for even less. He proceeded to give me a list of good online component dealers, and told me to call back after I'd shopped around. After shopping and finding indeed some good deals on comparable forks, I called back and asked Nick's opinion. He says that's a really good fork, and a great price. If you want to have your son call me for my opinion I'd be happy to provide it.

NONE

I was thrilled to find Push Industries. While we're not going to have them rebuild the fork in favor of a new one, I would recommend these folks just based on the quality and honesty of their customer service. They do this because they like to ride and they care about riders sitting on quality.

Go PUSH!!

flamencohead   Cross Country Rider [Dec 10, 2011]
Strength:

Stiff yet compliant. Soaks up the small bumps and provides a very stable platform.

None.

Wow. With my new pushed shock, the superlight feels like a different bike. I was considering replacing it before getting the shock Pushed. I'm glad I didn't.

I'm not sure how to describe the difference. The pushed shock is stiffer and more compliant at the same time. There is absolutley no bob or wallow, yet tearing down a rocky creek at favorite local trail is smoother than ever - it ate up the small bumps and kept the wheel in contact with the trail. And climbing is 100% better. After four rides, so far I'm digging the pushed shock.

Also the service was great. They turned the shock around in 24 hours. You can't beat that.

Similar Products Used: Stock Fox shocks
wildwest   Weekend Warrior [Sep 05, 2011]
Strength:

It works

None so far

This shock saved me $2,500. I had demoed a couple of different high end bikes & was convinced I wanted a new frame. I don't anymore. I didn't like the rear suspension on my bike. It seemed to wallow in it's travel & it climbed only ok. The pushed monarch fixed all of that. My bike, now has more traction uphill & is more stable downhill.

Similar Products Used: Factory tuned Fox RP2
dirtspinner   Cross Country Rider [Jul 14, 2011]
Strength:

I had the factory tune performed on both my Fox fork and shock. The difference was phenomenal. The adjustment knobs actually do something noticeable and in reasonable steps. I've never ridden a fork tuned this well in 20 years of riding. The bikes handling is much more predictable and stable.

Make sure you give them a call to discuss what it is you want done. They have multiple options for rebuilds. The website may not be clear on the different types of tuning options. I asked for the trail tuning and that pretty much disabled my lockout. But they made it right for me and had it put back in.

Their customer service is top notch. They catered to all my needs and actually took care of a problem that was more my mis-understanding than theirs. They could have easily said tough, but instead they made it right at no charge.

The improvements to the suspension have to be experienced to understand how incredible the change is.

From now on, all my shocks and forks are going to push.

Similar Products Used: Nothing compares! I once sent the same fork to get rebuilt at a rebuild service and socal but didnt see much of a difference than what i did myself. Since then i just did self service rebuilds on my fork. This fork was due a massive overhaul so i decided to try out push.