Marzocchi BOMBER Z.4 ALLOY Shock Upgrade

BOMBER Z.4 ALLOY

MARZOCCHI BOMBER Z.4 ALLOY

Dan   Cross Country Rider [May 25, 2008]
Strength:

Built to last: these shocks have been on my bike for 8 years now, and they're still going as strong now as they were the day purchased. Great Marzocchi build quality, and will be keeping these for a while to come! Smooth ride on my Kona Caldera (Steel frame, oh yes!) and i have yet to find a smoother ride on an aluminium bike.

Need an oil change, but that comes with age. Would prefer a longer travel for downhill trails - only 600mm, as on soft any bumps cause the forks to bottom out. Heaviest part on the bike unfortuneatly (apart from me =P), but even so, quality forks.

If you can get hold of these quality forks, they will serve well and true for a long time. Good on cross country trails, but short travel means that the forks need to be set to their hardest to avoid bottoming-out. The only thing i need to do to keep these forks is a comeplete strip down and oil change - not done in 8 years! Unbeatable forks for their time and still great today!

Rocky Hi   Weekend Warrior [Jul 08, 2000]
Strength:

Price is great, and for under 300$ its the best shock that you can find. It has a long travel and is easy to keep up on maintence.

Heavier than other shocks

This is a shock that will get you around town in style and if you do moderate off road trails it dishes it out too. And compared to shocks in the same price range it blows them off the trail.

Similar Products Used: Rock shox sid
Mtbmonster   Cross-Country Rider [Dec 19, 1999]
Strength:

best fork for less than $400

Heavier than I would like it to be, but for 225 clams I;m not gonna argue.

I can't find a fork that's better than this one that is even remotely close in price. Marzocchi makes the best riding forks in the world. I've been riding the Z4 for about half a year now and I can honestly say it makes me a better ridder. It has great stearing presicion, travel is plenty for a weekend warrior, and it has real hydralic dampining that you won't see in other lines till the 300 smacker range. If you're in the market for a new fork buy the most expensive marizocchi you can afford. In my case that was the Z4. you won't be dissapointed.

Similar Products Used: Quad 5(BARF) Indy XC, Noleen Cross Link, Z2 Atom Bomb Judy 100
Michael   Weekend Warrior [Oct 18, 1999]
Strength:

stronger and more responsive than the stock shock

a little heavier than the stock Rock Shox Indy XC

I hit a cement island head on while riding in the dark with my light out. I was going pretty fast too. Don't ask me why. Anyway, that shock absorbed all the impact and I launched right over the curb - and landed perfectly. No damage to the tire or rim either. And it probably saved me from injury.

CHRIS   Cross-Country Rider [Aug 22, 1999]
Strength:

TH BEST SCHOCK!! HOW'S THAT FOR A STRENGTH!!!!

A LITTLE HEAVY, BUT IT'S OK.

IT IS THE BEST SCHOCK FOR THE MONEY!!!