Manitou MRD Anti-Bob Compression Lever Shock Upgrade

Manitou MRD Anti-Bob Compression Lever Shock Upgrade

MRD's Anti-Bob compression lever provides a rigid fork for climbing efficiency, but a plush ride for descending once the Anti-Bob compression lever has been flipped open.

[Mar 06, 2002]
Bo Rotboel

Strength:

I typically ride between 20 and 30 kilometers of fairly flat asphalt/fireroads to reach my favourite bike-trials. And for this part its really nice to have a locked frontsuspension. Furthermore this function really makes it easier to climb long steep ascends.

It won't lock properly. I know this model isn't supposed to make the fork completely locked, but in my case my fork still moves about 3 inches ...bad!!! Furthermore is it quite difficult to set the lock while riding, because it is placed on the fork and doesn't quite bite.

The idea is great (goes without saying), but in my case it doesn't work properly. Too difficult to adjust.

Pace's lock-out system mounted on the handlebar. Works perfect and locks the fork totally in a splitsecond. Very nice.

[Apr 01, 2003]
Alan

Strength:

It works.

Adjusting compression damping is harder but not a big deal.

I have 3 of these on Manitou Mars Super and SX-R's. They are simple to install and maintain as long as you do it properly. The person below either did not have his oil level set properly or he damaged the seals causing leakage. It's a simple and easy to use lockout that works.

[Aug 08, 2002]
SGT. ROCK

Strength:

Works

Adds weight
Complicates compression damping adjustment

Bought a 2000 SX-R equipped with MRD anti-bob. After three seasons, both the fork and the lockout still work great. In the lockout position, travel is limited to about 1/2 inch. Invaluable for riding on the road, or up smooth climbs - you don't realize how much energy a suspension fork absorbs until you have a lockout.

I just bought a new frame, but the headtube is too tall for my SX-R. Confirmed with Manitou that my '00 vintage MRD anti-bob will fit in the 2002 Six Deluxe fork, so I bought one. The Six Deluxe is basically a re-badged 2001 SX-R. Hope it performs and lasts like the old fork.