Stratos El Jefe Sr Rear Shock

Derived from motocross racing technology, the El Jefe is the new benchmark for downhill suspension. The housing is hard anodized, precision honed, and has a 32mm ID providing twice the oil volume of other shocks on the market. It has a bladder system hat is more responsive, uses less sliding seals, and has more nitrogen volume than other bladders due to our exclusive super volume bladder cap. In addition, it has locking preload rings just like pro motocross racers. To top it off, the El Jefe comes with an optional titanium spring and is completely user serviceable! The El Jefe Sr. features spherical bearings and adjustable high/low speed compression.

*Ti Spring + $160

Jim   Downhiller [Aug 24, 2003]
Strength:

Excellent handling shock.

Just the company: They forgot to put the knob on for the high/low speed compression control.

Great shock, never feels like I bottom out at all. I have total control at all times. Anyone that can spend a few dollars that wants extraordinary performance should definately buy the Stratos El Jefe!!

Similar Products Used: Rock Shox Pro Deluxe
Scott   Weekend Warrior [Aug 26, 2003]
Strength:

solid performance. no bottoming out.

el jefe is da bomb. it takes hits after hits, and keeps on ticking. i bought it as a replacement shock since my 5th element blow up.
absolutely no complains.

Josh   Downhiller [May 30, 2003]
Strength:

The whole shabang

Routing the piggy back

I just installed this bad boy today. I never thought that a bike would have the same feel as my motocross bike!?!!! I still have to get the proper spring because I weigh more than the rider who used it a few times before me but just by doing the arm compression and pedaling around my block a bit this thing is Tha Sh!t! Super smooth and like I said, if you've ever compressed a MX bike it feels the same and it should, both this shock and the Avy are copy cats of MX Technology. Highly reccomend this, the only thing I didn't like is routing the piggyback! Make sure you get a long enough oil line. Did I mention they custom build there shocks to the bike and rider weight, can't go wrong there!!!

Similar Products Used: Fox,RS,Romic
David   Weekend Warrior [Apr 22, 2003]
Strength:

The shock looks like it belongs on a moto cross motorcycle. Super smooth its probaly to much shock for the type of riding I do.

If you are a hard core free rider or down hiller there's nothing out there that bigger or better!

Similar Products Used: None there's nothing out there like it. Get one and you will know what I mean
eric   Weekend Warrior [Feb 26, 2003]
Strength:

burly construction, 14mm shaft.

none yet

the shock feels like a mx shock straight of a cr250. no harsh bottom out and feels plush at the same time. my personal best drop is 18 feet to good tranny. 6.5 to flat and the shock does not even flinch.not to say stratos copied anybody, but it feels just like my friends avy.