Romic Second Rear Shock

Romic Second Rear Shock

Exclusive twin chamber internal reservoir design. External rebound damping and compression adjustment.

[Mar 16, 2002]
Will

Strength:

Works, Easy to adjust, adjustments work

Too nice, now i have no excuse.

Shock works well. Romic will build any custom sized shock you can think of.

FOX, RCR, Rockshox

[Mar 24, 2002]
Scott

Strength:

Very adjustable, no pedal bob, sucks up the big and small, very clean looking on the bike, and you'll ride faster than you ever have before.

Worry free, supper plush, super fast suspension. I would have a hard time believing there is a better rear shock on the market right now.

Fox Vanilla R and RC

[Feb 12, 2002]
gary

Strength:

reliability, ease of use, no gimmicks !!!

i have converted all my bikes to romic rear shocks, my bullits are now 7 and 8 inch rear travel with the t2 and my truth is now much smoother with romic coil over, the dabomb has yet to see action with the romic but based on the article in MBA it appears to make the bike a real DH rig.
Romic is reliable and easy to use...very smooth through out its range of travel....the dials work thoughout their range...The Romic guys are very helpful....Darin at romic is very willing to assist in any way he can....give this shock at try ....you won't regret it !!!

rock shox,stratos,5th element

[Jul 16, 2002]
Chris

Strength:

Easy to use

??

The Romic is on my Elsworth and I ride everyweek. I do alot of little drops under 3'and love to ride fast.

I blew up the shock 7 miles into a ride and I am only 150 lbs..

I talked to Romic on Moday and overnighted the shock to them and had the shock back in 8 days..

They were very nice and fixed up the ole girl so now I can ride.. No complants.. thanks Romic!!

[Apr 13, 2003]
Bikebrain

Strength:

* Very Little Bob
* Great Action
* Range of rebound adjustments
* Build Quality
* Ease of set up

* None so far (Wish the spring was black?)

This shock takes the pedal bounce away, but remains compliant to the bumps. The rebound does not seem to fade on long downhills. This shock soaks up the big hits, and keeps the bike tires on the ground during high speed decents. I liked the helix pro a-lot, but I like not having to remember to set the manual lockout on climbs and then remeber to turn it off going down. I rode a friends bike with a curnutt shock which was a little better than the romic in pedaling. I've tried alot of shocks and the romic seems the best for the hardcore all around rider. Best rear shock I've owned.

RS Pro Deluxe, Stratos Helix DH, Helix Pro, Helix Expert

[Oct 11, 2002]
npeter
Downhiller

Strength:

plush, pedals efficiently, no screwing around with air assists.

no piggyback reservoir

very cool shock. i got it at the factory; custom shimmed for my bike. amazing pedalling efficiency. with the compression 5 clicks out, i can ride up long hills for miles no problem, almost like my XC bike, and yet it's super plush on the downhill. for downhilling i sometimes go out 7 or 8 clicks. rides as well as the bullit / 5th element combination. i see a lot of Romics up at Big Bear, and everyone seems stoked w/ the reliability. enables a single pivot bike to really ride well. MUCH better than the FOX rc vanilla did. good price too.

fox vanilla rc, stratos, noleen coil, rock shox deluxe,

[Jan 08, 2003]
Bender Over
Downhiller

Strength:

Easily adjustable, super smooth stroke. Hard to bottom out.

The mounting Hardware was not sized exactly right. It was a tight fit on my Giant AC.

This shock blows Rockshox and Fox away. I've raced DH 3 times with it, and it is so smooth. I also do a lot of trail riding, and it has very little pedal bob. So far it has required no maintenance, and seems rock solid.

Rock Shox Prodeluxe, Fox Vanilla RC

[Aug 17, 2002]
Dropman

Strength:

beefy, looks good, adjustable compresion

heavier than avg shock if u care about that which i dont.

i upgraded to this shock after snapping my old dnm ST12's shaft in half, all i wanted out of the romic was not to break ;) but it surprised me alot, it made a huge difference in the rear end of my bike this shock is very beefy, yet takes bumps very smooth, it feels great it showed me how truly crappy my old shock was ;)

Vanilla R/RC, Noleen, DNM*cringe*

[Mar 28, 2002]
Blue Bomber
Downhiller

Strength:

great at high speeds, adjustablilty, plush

its a damn good shockfor the money its really beefy, don't think i have to worry about blowing this one up!!!

Rockshox superdeluxe

[Jan 13, 2003]
Mike

Strength:

Ability to limit pedal induced bobbing
bullet proof design

none so far

I was about to drop $1600.00 on a more efficient frame until I read about Romic. I got the shock about 3 months ago and have been extremely pleased. I am now able to set up my frame with 4-1/2" of travel and still have very little pedal induced movement. great shock, actually saved me over $1200 bucks.

fox vanilla/float