RockShox Bar Adjust Rear Shock

• Adjust: Rebound
  • Shaft Material: Steel
  • Body Material: Aluminum

mogsie   Downhiller [Jul 17, 2009]
Strength:

I put the bar air 2.1 shock on only as emergency cover as i had burst my coil over shock ! and still ride with it now! i have done 3 metre high step downs with it and it felt so smooth and comfortable ! much more than on smaller hits ! 2 years later and i still havent had a problem with it !

lack oc adjustment on the compression side ! not so smooth over small bumps !

still downhilling and freeriding on this shock and it serves me well ! dont feel the need to replace it with anything else yet !

Mike Zhang   Cross Country Rider [Aug 11, 2007]
Strength:

Simple to use, adjustable rebounce, light weight

Simple, adjustable, light weight, low price, have little bob when climbing.

Similar Products Used: GT i-drive
Henio   Cross Country Rider [Sep 25, 2005]
Strength:

very light

the first one died after 60 km, but the factory replaced it to anather.

this is budget unit, you can expect it rather on the stock equipment, because it,s very easy tu set - only blow the air. If you want smth more - buy another thing with double air regulation and other extras. But for the simply, daily use, one chamber closed is better - easy tu regulation and controll. It works fine, not very smooth of course. Better on the higher speed than to the slaw. The pressure keeps vell, to check it ones per month is enought.

Similar Products Used: non
Ymmie   Weekend Warrior [May 25, 2005]
Strength:

Absolutely NONE.

Leaks ALL air within 15 minutes of riding.

The only good thing that happened with this shock is Rock Shox replaced it with a SID rear shock. It only gets 1 Chili because I can't go any lower.

Similar Products Used: Rock Shox SID Rear
Bike A. Holic   Cross Country Rider [Apr 12, 2005]

I have been happy with my BAR Adjust shock. It's mounted on my KHS single pivot XC bike. I don't feel the need to upgrade to any kind of stable platform design. The shock does not leak and I only check it once a month. The shock does have a little stiction you start your ride. So I solve that with a squirt of TriFlow preride and it's just fine. I didn't expect much from this shock because of it's bad rep online. Now I wonder how many of those nay sayers have actually even ridden this shock. It's nothing fancy, but it works and has been reliable. So not much to say really, other than I am just going to keep on riding it.

Bikerdom   Cross Country Rider [Feb 18, 2007]
Strength:

Reliable, fairly light. This one has Neg.& Positive air. NEVER lost any air. All adjustments have worked flawless from day one.

Had to use a SID manual to learn about air pressure in neg. chamber. I couldn't find info on the neg. air in the BAR shock section manual anywhere. Plastic rebound adjuster knob.

This is for the dual air model. Shock came OEM on my daughters bicycle frame. Great OEM shock! My daughter is light so the Marzocchi Marathon SL paired w/ the BAR works great for dialing in that light weight riders ride. The negative air adjustment makes all the difference. Lots of my friends have had these on their bikes as they were a popular OEM spec around 2003. The only problems that most had was the soft/weak eyelet bushings on the mounts. Rock Shox/SRAM is quick to get you the replacements. We never suffered this bushing problem but those friends on some Rocky Mountain and Iron Horse bikes did after two months to two years of riding. For some reason they've stayed tight on the KHS XC504(maybe because it's single pivot?).

Similar Products Used: All types of Fox Floats from R's to AVA's, 5th Element Air, Manitou Swingers & Radiums, Cane Creek AD models