RockShox Bar 1.1 Rear Shock

• Damping Hydraulic with IFP
  • Spring Air Positive
  • Body Material Forged 6061 Aluminum

SlickOne   Cross Country Rider [Nov 07, 2010]
Strength:

Its very simply to use, nothing to do but add air. Absolutely NO problems and I have ridden very hard at bike parks and jump 5-7 stair steps at a time.

unadjustable other than air pressure, will easily out grow this unit

I have had great luck with this product, I have had zero issues but I will be upgrading soon. I trashed this Shock at parks and free rides and it hasnt suffered any of the issues the other riders state, and Im a 200lb biker. Its a good beginer budget shock, Im happy with it

Similar Products Used: none
Sleepwalker   Weekend Warrior [Sep 11, 2010]
Strength:

Price, price, price. This is only reason to buy this shock if it wasn't come to you with stock bike or frame.

Only one adjustment - air pressure.

This shock came to me with the bike frame, and I decided not to replace it immediately in order to test it and to make decision on purchasing more advanced one.

The miracle didn't happen, this shock harmed my bike's performance dramatically, so the replacement one is the first item in my wishlist.

If you prefer a "park-style" riding this shock may be suitable for you, also this one can be used on tourbikes, but if you like trails or marathons, think twice before purchasing it.

Similar Products Used: Not yet, I'm building my first suspension bike.
Brian   Weekend Warrior [May 29, 2008]
Strength:

It is a rear shock

Pedal Bob, Broke after 6 months

The shock came on my bike when I purchased it new about 6 months ago. I have put probably 200 miles on the bike since then and I went to go for a ride at the park with my son. And all of the sudden my shock has absolutely no air in it (needless to say that stopped the ride with my 3 year old son). I took the bike to my LBS who pumped the shock up for me and when they sat on it, the shock bottomed out like it did for me. It was to late to contact RS but when contacted the next day by the LBS I was told the great news that RS quoted them 3 weeks to get the shock back to me. WTF I personally then contacted RS to ask about using the shock as credit towards purchasing a better shock and was told they don't do that. Needless to say I want my shock back fixed as I want them to spend some of their money, but I will be upgrading the shock and won't be going with a RS shock.

Similar Products Used: None
Steve   Weekend Warrior [Oct 31, 2006]
Strength:

Good Price... That is about it.

Not adjustable. Very "sticky." I Blew this shock out within 2 months of use. I didn't ride hard on it nothing more then 2-3 foot drops.

Upgrade your shock before u get stuck with this one!

Steve   Weekend Warrior [Oct 31, 2006]
Strength:

Good Price... That is about it.

Upgrade your shock before u get stuck with this one!

peter   [May 24, 2007]

this shocks is the worst shock i have ever tested to call it sticky is a understatement and has no adjusment what so ever