Risse Jupiter-7R 2003 Rear Shock

Jupiter-7R 2003

The The Jupiter series of coil spring shocks are available in many sizes to fit most bikes. The Jupiter-7R has new “high speed” and “low speed” compression adjusters. Along with a large nitrogen reservoir, the adjustability of the Jupiter-7R adds another element in tuning your suspension.

kevin   Downhiller [Aug 24, 2003]
Strength:

I havent gotten this shock due to the fact that Risse hasn't sent out my shock for 7 weeks They told me 2 weeks and have lied as to when they are shipping it and just friday 8/22/03 they told me they were waiting on a part to finish the shock. THis is funny because they told me 3 weeks ago it was finished and they were shipping it out the following business day. MY letters to them have gone un-answered as my phone mesages have also. Sorry guys but maybe now you will get the point. 600.00 for a non existant shock and being lied to is just bad business!! BEWARE OF RISSE!!!!!!

Don't but from risse unless you like being lied to and waiting instead of riding

Kevin Mortensen   Racer [Sep 06, 2003]
Strength:

The adjustments make this shock limitless I have used it on some cross country trails with allot of climbimg you can adjust the low speed knob to basically reduce or make pedal bob disapear altogether. The high speed compressoin knob is great as well. I have taken my specialized to some black diamond riding as well and this shock makes my suspension feel bottomless I can't say enough good things about this shock!

seems to have allot of excess oil at first shile breaking in. this attracts allot of dirt to the shock parts a simle lizard skin shock protector takes care of this. Also took some time trying to figure out where and how to mount the satelite resevoir without it looking gheto.

this shock is pricy but so far very worth it. i like it better than any other shock I have tryed

Similar Products Used: 5th element
Eric G   Downhiller [Oct 15, 2003]
Strength:

Lightweight,Adjustments, Easily accessable for maintenance,machining and overall finish

Well my bottom out bumper split but thats it.

Again Risse has lived up to my expectattions. Definitely bought this shock blindly as it was brand new for them and untested as to the publics use goes but since i have risse products on my bikes i was sure they wouldn't disappoint. Bottom line is the shock works great and the adjustments are bang on. The rebound adjuster is very subtle which is nice but the compression adjusters are a little more evident which again is what im looking for. So although expensive i definitely dont regret this purchase.