Marzocchi Roco RC World Cup Rear Shock

• Rebound
  • Preload
  • Alloy shaft, Alloy body

RadiotelemetrieMoskau   Weekend Warrior [Oct 18, 2010]
Strength:

simple external adjustements (2 low speed needles) for fine tuning, can be adjustet internally to suit any frame or rider (fully revalvable high speed circuits).

incredibly easy to rebuild and bleed.

Highspeed Adjustment only internally (no external clicker).
Shaft wears quickly but is cheap to replace.

Internal adjustments need a (heck of a) lot of knowledge of how damping works. NOT for everybody.

German distributor is an idiot.

In My Opinion this is by far the best shock I have ever owned, once set up to fit my frame and riding style it does everything I want it to. Right valving is hard to archive but once you have it, goes like stink, great shock.

Experienced mechanic? Buy it, you can adjust it indefinately and make it your perfect dream shock you never want to give up for anything else.

Normal rider? Good shock, but adjustability is limited.
Get a vivid.

4 for value bc. of shaft wear
4 overall because of limited external adjustments.

Similar Products Used: Vanilla RC, DHX, Swinger, Revox, Vivid, RC4... To be exact, the whole bunch of them.
badbadleroybrown   Downhiller [Jan 27, 2010]
Strength:

Highly adjustable and high performance! Does what it should and never get's in the way. No platform damping to screw up your low speed compression, no funky adjustable 'propedal' platform to screw with you... just smooth, buttery, predictable damping throughout the stroke.

On frame designs that rely upon the shock for structual support, can break... but that's true of any shock and is more a function of poor frame design than anything else.

If you want a real damper without any of the gimmicky platform damping functions that are all too common today, this is the shock for you. Smooth compression damping throughout the stroke, smooth & predictable rebound... even off bottom-out. Adjustable compression, preload, rebound, and bottom-out resistance allows you to dial it in exactly as you want it. Out performs just about anything else out there. I havent ridden any of the boutique units like BOS or the CC DoubleBarrel but definately better than the DHX series and, in my opinion, even better than the Vivids. Really comes to life with a Ti spring. For the money, simply cant be beaten. In fact, I think I'd rather drop a couple hundred to have Push or CR1 Engineering tune a Roco as opposed to dropping a similar amount of cash into a more boutique shock. No complaints, I actually run a ROCO WC on all my bikes!

Similar Products Used: DHX 5.0, DHX 4.0, Vivid 5.1
bkyz   Weekend Warrior [Jan 08, 2010]
Strength:

Its a Marzocchi gotta Rep there name, there great at customer service and im loving every for i ever had from them :)

OK this is the reason i submited this its directed to MARZOCCHI , why is it ive blown up both of my 2008 Roco WC atleast 8 times in the past month and i havent even put on ten minutes of riding before that red oh so familier oil starts spewing out ? I send in the one shock to get repaired and just as I put my other one on, start to ride down the street that spare ones out before i even get to jump anything! so now im out both shocks and this has happened atleast 7-8 times guys ( i cant get out and ride ) And for both to have that problem ??? c'mon heres my specs

frame: Azonic B-52.
Specs: 2.75 stroke Roco WC I installed a 500lbs TI spring have the compression two turns from hardest, rebound three turns from fastest and run it at 200psi so by the time i take the pump off its at 180psi

I Spend the Money to get or make the best, and I EXPECT it to Preform like its the best. Anybody beg to differ?

Similar Products Used: Fox vanilla RC , Marzocchi Roco WC
Wayne   Downhiller [Sep 27, 2009]
Strength:

suppleness over washboard surfaces, adjustability, bottom-out resistance, looks, takes big hits nicely. Great for free-ride or dh.

pedaling performance if set up on the soft side; performance over the rough stuff more than makes up for this. Don't buy for cross country purposes. The spring is also on the heavy side but I cannot find a dealer who stocks the ti spring which is supposed to be available.

Actually does what all the other shocks claim to do; It just goes over the rough stuff so nicely and will handle the big drops without drama. You can quickly adjust it for the terrain and it also looks great. I think it will be a durable shock if you are not too insane.

Similar Products Used: fox van r
mikenotion   Downhiller [Oct 22, 2008]
Strength:

2009 model... plush and buttery... definitely feels bottomless.

none so far... only had a little while though.

I always wanted to try out the roco, just never got round to it, untill now I was always riding DHX's. One thing that has really stood out since riding the roco wc is the handling on the really hard/big hits, it really does turn those drops/hucks to jelly. I always got very close to the end of the stroke with the DHX, bottoming out on the odd occasion, every big hit I landed with it felt hard and uneasy on the bike... The roco really does the do the job a lot better, its almost like it does what you should be able to expect a premim freeride/downhill shock to do...

Let's put it this way... When I rode on my first DHX5.0, I expected to do/feel like what the roco does now, only it didn't, that's the bottom line.

Definitely worth the few extra.

Similar Products Used: DHX 5's
mjdthunder   Downhiller [Jul 13, 2008]
Strength:

The sensitivity is amazing and it handles the trail stutters and chop like you would not believe! No platform so it is very plush and gives amazing control.

When shock was delivered it was damaged but I took it to Marzocchi and replaced it no questions.
Rebound knob too long so I had to take it off to fit my frame. Should be shorter like the Fox rebound knob.

I have had an 06 dhx 5.0 and an 08 dhx 5.0 and a swinger and I was always frustrated that I could never get the small bump/fast stutter bumps sensitivity that I wanted and thus I had less controll. I did not see the light until I tried the rocco wc on another bike. I cant believe how sensitive this shock is and how much better it takes the large impacts. If you want to take the fun factor to the next level and increase your speed...you will not be sorry if you pick up this shock!

Similar Products Used: Fox dhx 5 and manitou swinger
archeryfreak   Downhiller [Jun 17, 2008]
Strength:

This shock is very buttery, soaks up everything from the big hits to the small bumps better than any other shock I have ridden on, it is easy to adjust and set up, has lots of different settings, can be rebuilt with tools at home, and feels bottomless, no platform pedal

none. I have been using this product for about a month now and have not had a single problem

This shock is perfect! It handles everything I do without a problem. Because I doesn't have the platform pedal, it is extremely buttery. I like this shock much more than the Fox Dhx 5.0 and the Manitou Metel. I felt like I was blowing through the travel to easily on those other shocks. Overall, I would not trade my 2008 Marzocchi Roco RC World Cup for any other rear shock.

Similar Products Used: fox dhx 5.0, manitou metel
mason   Racer [Jul 18, 2007]
Strength:

everything works great! super plush. i love this shock!

this shock works great for downhilling and freeriding. i love it! point is you should buy it if you want something that works great for downhilling and freeridng. it doesnt have pedaling platform wich makes it work alot better for downhill but it doesnt pedal as well.

Similar Products Used: Fox DHX 5.0
josh   Downhiller [Jun 29, 2007]
Strength:

smooth and plush

rebound never worked, exploded on me on my way down to my race run in crested butte. dont no why. really put a nasty taste in my mouth. marz should stick to the front end of the bike. could not figure out why the psi needed to be at 180 to 225. small range if you ask me.

a really stinky turd. and over priced.

nicholas poetker   Downhiller [Jun 05, 2007]
Strength:

looks and overall ride.
its easy to overhaul and set up.

the stock eyelet bushings were very loose, and no matter how tight i tighen the bolts there was a little play.so i orderded some stock fox bushings and since then there has been no problems. i guess about 1mm makes a big differnce.
rebound was a little slow so i overhauled it with 5wt oil and then removed every other shim on the rebound side and now i have better control of the rebound and compression.

this is a very simple and great shock. it does what they say. with this set up it feels so smooth and takes everything. i had a fox dhx 5 that was realy good for everythng except biger hits. rocos high speed compression is a must for biger jumps and drops.there is no defelction of any jump just wind down the compression and fly.

the other day i sat my friends bike with a swinger 6 way and relized just how smooth the roco is. the swinger felt like somthing was stuck.even though i rode one for almost 3 years with no problems, the rocos non plat form has a very natural feel compared to a platform shock.