Marzocchi Roco AIR 3PL Rear Shock

• High Volume Linear Air Spring
  • External Rebound Adjustment
  • Compression Adjustment

cmkanne   Weekend Warrior [May 09, 2010]
Strength:

Smooth operation. With the reboud and air pressure set properly it is comforatble and smooth. The lock out is very easy to flip for uphill climbs.

none that I have found yet.

I really like the Shock and think it is a great replacement for the Monarch 3.1

Jason O Monroe   Weekend Warrior [Oct 21, 2008]
Strength:

This shock completely soaks up the downhills. The shock's rebound setting was perfect out of the box. The shock's lock out feature it great if you have to do any climbing on flat fire roads or trails.

Haven't found any yet. Planning to put it to the test in Sedona AZ this weekend.

I had bought the Marzocchi Roco 3PL after my Progressive 5th Element Air flat lined on me. I weigh 155 lbs so I run the shock at its lowest compression setting (170 PSI)as recommended by Ironhorse on a bike with a DW Link system. The difference in the ride I got with the 5th Element and the Marzocchi 3PL was night and day. I found my rear was sticking to the trail more, especially over really bumpy downhills. On the climbs, even with the shock in the fully open setting, I get very little bob when peddling. Lock the shock out and you have an instant hardtail. Bottom line: Extremely happy with the Marzocchi 3PL.

Similar Products Used: Progressive 5h Element Air (CRAP) and the Fox RP23 (Very good).
Mirko   Weekend Warrior [Aug 10, 2008]
Strength:

smooth, good dampening control, great look and ligh weight check this out http://bikescale.com/index.php?d=artykul&art=1450&kat=23&mar=4&s=1&sk=1

the only one is that compression dampening controls doesn't change anything. It works as double check of a lock out. It clicks 5 times. First three position keeps it totally open and bike is eager to swollow any hits. Next positions block the shock totally. So you can either activate lock out by huge and comfortable lever or by small silver lever. It should't be that way

Previously I used on this bike coil spring 5th element, and Manitou Six Way. The ride was great, sporting my ride with Roco changed everything. Downhills felt so much better, bike is faster and easier to control. But uphilling is not so. When you do it on smooth fireroads it is fine. You just block it and pedal. When uphill is more technically challanging you have to struggle with serius bobing. Shock was sended to be repaired by Marzocchi but came back in the same shape, so I guess it is that way. Shame, especially because it works fantastic on downhills.