Manitou Swinger Air X3 Rear Shock

• Spring: Air
  • Adjustments: Air, rebound
  • Shaft: 10mm Hard Chrome Steel

Prophet Julio   [Oct 29, 2012]
Strength:

Holds air. Rebound is very adjustable. SPV eliminates pedal bob, even on my single pivot Prophet.

Maybe some harshness on small bump compliance, but I don't mind at all.

My Prophet came with the Radium. The Swinger Air X3 turned it into a climber. Hooks up much better and soaks up the rough stuff, jumps and drops. The SPV is adjustable and it works great. It never leaks air or oil. It works silently and keeps my bike poised. Very happy and would not hesitate to recommend it.

tyrebyter   Weekend Warrior [Aug 16, 2012]
Strength:

Velocity sensitive damping, easy servicing, adjustable platform threshold, customer service second to none.

messy to bleed when changing the oil... that's the best I could come up with.

installed on my Scott spark 35 and spent a few miles tuning it. Now I just ride it and don't even think about it. Its that good. Climbs like a hard tail soaks up hits too big for that bike, never bottoms, very active on chatter, controlled in the rough. Highly recommended.

Similar Products Used: RS Ario-2r Fox RP-23
mullen119   Weekend Warrior [May 14, 2010]
Strength:

Price, fairly adjustable

weak mid-stroke, blows through travel fairly easy.

Its a good shock, hard to find a sweet spot between being able to soak up the small stuff and not bottoming on bigger hits. Rebound adjustment is one of the best I have used because of the small change for each click. SPV works good for climbing and can be ridden on the low setting all the time. I would buy it again.