DNM AO-30RC Rear Shock

• Damping Lock out
  • Bushings steel / Teflon
  • Adjustments Air / Lockout / Rebound

Ed   Cross Country Rider [Apr 14, 2014]
Strength:

Price, smooth when switched open.

Weight (compared to other air shocks. Lockout Tops out hard

I had a Fox Float shock on my bike for years. However, the lack of rebound adjustment nor lockout was really taking it's toll on the climbs. I came across this shock on ebay and thought for $65 shipped to my door, I'd take the chance.

Well, when it is in open mode, it seems to perform as smooth as my Float did. However, the issues come up when you try to use the lockout. While the lockout does work, each time the shock returns after a bump, it tops out with a loud clunk. I've had this happen with cheap forks before in the past, but never with a rear shock. I filled the positive and negative air chambers according to the instructions. Not to mention it is much heavier than any other air shock.

Final thought: Save your money and get a Fox Float CTD or RP23.

Similar Products Used: Fox Float, Fox Float R, Fox Float CTD, Fox RP23, Rockshox Monarch RT3, Fox Vanilla Float R, Fox Alps 5r, DNM Coil R,
George Garcia   [Dec 25, 2013]
Strength:

Damper adjustment , weight and cost

had to dremel to fit my particular bike

Excellent shock and stiffness was set for 170lb rider
very high quality and made in Taiwan not china
I love this shock makes my front rock shox feel like crap

betasom   Cross Country Rider [Mar 02, 2011]
Strength:

Price, dumping blockable by lever

Weight

Oil seal weaks at 216 hours of work.
Oil seal of my Fox RP Pro Pedal didn't weak after 304 hours of work.