RockShox Tora TK 29'' Coil 29er Forks

RockShox Tora TK 29'' Coil 29er Forks

• 100mm of travel
  • Coil spring
  • TurnKey damping
  • External rebound and lockout adjust
  • Aluminum 1 1/8" steerer

[May 08, 2012]
webb-o

Strength:

Cheap. Probably one of the best suspension forks at this price. The lockout is nice, but still allows for too much movement in my opinion. Easy to adjust. Basically, this is a budget fork that gets the job done.

Somewhat heavy. Lockout allows too much movement. Fork is sometimes pretty flexy (too much for my taste) during hard cornering and braking. Makes loud whoosh noises when re-coiling.

Overall, this is a good value for the money, however, I've decided I am going to remove mine and get a rigid fork (for SS 29er). I almost always ride the fork locked out, which still seems to provide around 3/4 inch of travel. Only unlock the fork on a couple of technical downhills. Suspension just feels like overkill on my 29er SS. I would recommend this fork to geared 29er riders on a budget.

OVERALL
[Jul 13, 2011]
fatcat

Strength:

cheap for a 29er fork, works well, has lock out, 100mm travel

only comes in QR

Great entry level fork but gets the job done. I purchased another right after the first ride, its not really a bad fork. When you have a 29er does it really matter about the fork because most of the work happens with the rubber and rims. Go buy one today fool.

OVERALL