Fox Shox 32 F29 FIT RLC 29er Forks

Fox Shox 32 F29 FIT RLC 29er Forks

Fox 32 F29 100 FIT RLC 9mmQR Disc: Bigger just got better. We've enhanced performance and durability in the 2011 32 F29 by improving air spring curves to give it more usable travel with lower compression ratios. The 32 F29 is completed...

[Mar 26, 2013]
Kennyboy

Strength:

Light and initially good

sticky, poorly made/assembled with poor quality control. .

Initially very good, fluid fork with plenty of adjustment. But at the first service I noticed the stanchions were worn so badly the fork is now shot. foam Wipers were dry and abrasive but the fork had maybe 80 hrs on it max. You could say I should have serviced earlier but I wasn't expecting to total the fork completely with a late service. I will go Rockshox next time

Rockshok Geko

[Nov 29, 2012]
Lets Try Science

Strength:

I was accidentally sent a 2012 instead of 2011 so I got it for $500 on closeout. Anyone who pays MSRP is being taken to the cleaners.
15mm QR is stiff.

Flexy
Low speed compression makes no noticeable adjustment.
Not enough travel with proper sag.
Came with one leg dry, the other half the stock oil. Glad I checked before riding.
I prefer Rock Shox lockout with floodgate so you can climb but still have a little travel. Since the Fox lockout is so rigid I end up never using it.
Can't adjust travel as easily as Reba.
Stiction.
I don't care for FIT. I miss nice smooth open bath oil systems.

I shouldn't need to get a Fox factory tune or send it off to Push so that it works. It's almost a $1,000 fork. My Reba was cheaper, more adjustable, stiffer, etc. Fox has a great name and has long been a cool brand but after using a few of their forks it just seems like hype. I've rebuilt both and while the Fox internals look much nicer and obviously cost more money to manufacture they just don't work as well.

The upside is they hold their value so I can sell it without losing much money and get a better fork.

[Aug 06, 2012]
omclive

Strength:

When they work, they are smooth and flex free with 15 mm axle.

Extremely poorly made. These are no where near suitable for even light cross country use. The crown starts creaking after just 2 rides and I have gone through 2 cartridges.

These came originally on a 2010 specialized stumpjumper expert fsr. It's a bit of an oddball as they are 130 mm travel, tapered steerer and 15 mm axle. The crown has gone 4 times, and the damper twice. The fork has been upgraded to 2012 fit rlc spec by fox. I have ridden this bike minimally because it isn't very pleasant to ride a bike that sounds like it will fly apart, that and it has been in the shop with this fork.

The crown starts creaking in just a couple of rides. I have started to try to put up with it until it gets really scary sounding because it takes a long time to get these fixed in Canada. Crown assemblies seem to be an issue. So far the bike has been down 1 month, and probably won't be back for some time. I will have, again, missed the entire summer due to these cr@p forks. I thought it was a fluke that the cartridges failed, but from other reviews this is the norm.

I have had 5 fox forks since they first started to produce mtb forks, and they all had crowns that would creak. None no where as bad as these, but fox needs to get with the program. Previous to this pair I had a RS Reba for 4 years which only had the oil changed 3 times.

[Jun 28, 2012]
sanandreas

Strength:

Good adjustability and not a bad shock when it's working...

...but seems to be a lot of forward/back movement/vibration...maybe a function of being longer than 26er forks...but I think this movement probably contributed to the fact that my seals sprung bad leaks within 500km of moderate offroad use, which I would consider to be an unacceptably short replacement interval, having previously used Marzocchis which only leaked after years of abuse...

Very disappointing to have such leaky seals on an expensive shock...Even worse was the customer service, with emails not being replied to at all. Maybe Fox are taking their pole position for granted...

[Apr 03, 2012]
LeftyMax
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Nothing

Flimsy, dampening, stiction, rebound, powder coat paint (or whatever it is)

For the money that want for it this for is junk, it is a maintenance nightmare, it flexes like a wet noodle. I have never had any luck with Fox equipment, as far as I am concerned Fox shocks and forks are WAY over rated, and they just plain old suck.

I would not recommend this fork to anyone

none, I always had a Lefty

[Jul 30, 2011]
vans11

Strength:

Has some sweet anodized twisty gizmos. 15ml thru axle. Stickers

Seals, actual travel, reliability

I have raced for many years now and have had both Fox forks and Rockshox on my bikes. This season, my Fox Fork began leaving a thick, pasty, difficult to remove, layer of gunk on both stantions after my rides. It also seemed to not go the full length of the travel. I finished the Downieville Classic this year and lost the sag by the end of the ride. I also noticed the black lockout compression dial had locked up and no longer turned. A week or so later, I raced the Tahoe Trail 100 and the front end felt like it was drifting all over the place. I somehow lost the dampening as well. My next race was at a Northstar Twilight race the following week and I came across the finish with bike blood flowing from both seals. Upon inquiry, Fox stated I needed to replace oil and seals after 50 hrs of riding. Never had issues before nor had I heard of such a maintenance schedule. I have roughly 30 hours on the bike and fork. Fork needed to be removed and sent back to Fox in the height of the race season. My recommendations would be to purchase another brand due to this required maintenance schedule after what seems to me as minimal wear and time on the product. I only ride bike at races and do most of my riding on the road.

2009 Fox F32 RL 29

[Jun 21, 2011]
SLC_Specialized

Strength:

Solid construction, really like the tapered crown and QR15

Sticky...sticky...sticky.... had it rebuild after 6 months.. got a little better... leaves dark residue on stanchions ... bike shop says it needs rebuilding after two months of use...

Sending it back to FOX for a second rebuild... hope they figure it out... otherwise may try to get it PUSHed.. the weak link in my bike right now.

F100X, had it PUSHed and did not touch it for 3 seasons, seems like it was manufactured by a different company.

[Mar 07, 2011]
panzer07

Strength:

Finally got a black OEM color, great lockout, tapered steer tube, very little flex.

Still does not get full travel - paid for 120mm and I get about 105mm unless doing a 6' drop which this fork was not intended to do. Only comes in white unless you blow somebody at Fox

Got a deal on a black OEM 2010 Fox RL 120MM tapered steerer that was made for the Niner RIP9 and to my surprise came in the open bath model and not the new Fit style damper. Works good but Fox needs to do something to get full travel or adverise it as less travel model. And white color - please!!!

Rockshox Reba, Fox F29 100MM

[Feb 07, 2011]
bog

Strength:

Strong, reasonably stiff chassis, QR15 is great

Fork won't get anywhere near full travel with recommended amount of sag
Tons of stiction in Fit cartridge, air seal and/or oil seals.

In general this is a terrible fork. It is well known that Fox has a major issue with the forks not getting full travel and being very sticky. I was increibly disappointed wuth this fork and could not get it dialled in even with the help of the Fox World Cup mechanic at the Sea Otter booth. I even left the fork with him for a half day and he basically told me that I was out of luck because I had a bad fork. Nice customer service!!!
I replaced both of my Fox F29s with Reba XX 29s and couldn't be happier. The Reba's are stiffer, get all of their travel, and are super smooth.

Fox F29 open bath
Reba Team 29er (Maxle, 2010)
Reba XX 29er (Maxle, 20100

[Nov 12, 2010]
test

Strength:

test