SR Suntour XCM 2014 Forks

• Stanchion tube: STKM
  • Pitch: 130mm
  • Design: Leading axle
  • Lower: Alloy monocoque design
  • Brake: Disc (Post mount type: for 160mm rotor)

[Apr 14, 2018]
TheTerryTheory

Strength:

I just got a SR Suntour XCM 30, and it is hands down the best Coil spring XC fork. It has mounts for both rim caliper brakes, and disc brakes. I used it as a part of restoring my 1998 Specialized ground control FSR, and it worked WAAAY better than the old RockShox Judy XC that I originally had. It's a fork, and it does what any good fork should do.

There weren't any weaknesses that I could find, persae, more just one minor inconvenience that can easily be remedied. The fork I got had two preload adjusters. Ideally, I would have preferred to have one preload adjuster, and have a compression lockout switch on the other side, however, as I said, I can simply put one in myself. TL;DR: SR Suntour know their sh*t when it comes to coil sprung forks, and the XCM 30 is a prime example of what a coil sprung fork should be like. It's the only fork that made me like coil sprung forks, and now,, thanks to SR Suntour, I'm a lot more open to them!

Price Paid: