RockShox XC 30 TK Coil 2014 Forks

RockShox XC 30 TK Coil 2014 Forks

[May 12, 2014]
eicca

Strength:

Low price, smooth action, solid and stable performance, lockout w/overload protection, preload and rebound control.

Definitely a lighter-duty fork, doesn't feel quite as solid as higher-end forks. A little on the heavy side.

I was wary about buying this one because I've ridden high-end stuff and I know what quality feels like. However, this fork turned out to be just right for me. The price was tolerable, the quality and performance are sufficient, and there are a lot of features to choose from. It handles significantly better than the worn-out RST Gila T5 it replaced. Much more confident, well composed over lots of rocks, and super stable on the downhills. I'm a light rider (140lbs) and still in the beginning-intermediate stages of mountain biking, so this fork may not be good enough for anyone more epic than me. It's a good all-around fork for a less-intense rider. And it came with a sticker. Can't complain.

OVERALL