RockShox SID XX Solo Air 2013 Forks

SID XX Solo Air

Rock Shox SID XX Solo Air Forks - XLoc SID's Superlight Integrated Design structure plus 15mm Maxle Lite and the BlackBox carbon crown steerer create a chassis with all the stiffness you need at the weight you want. The most famous fork in cross-country racing is now available for the 29-inch rider. With the 15mm Maxle Lite and, of course, the BlackBox carbon crown steerer, SID 29 offers all the stiffness you need at the weight you want. At 1572 grams (World Cup XX with 15mm Maxle Lite) the SID 29 World Cup is the complete race package that could be considered an unfair advantage. Rock Shox SID XX Solo Air Forks - XLoc Features: Weight: 120mm: 1420g *Weight based on 265mm tapered steerer with XLoc Remote and MMX shifter mount, 9mm QR lower leg Damping: Motion Control DNA, Rebound: Dual Flow Available Springs: Solo Air Adjustments: External Beginning Stroke Rebound / External Floodgate and Lockout via XLoc Remote / Spring via Air Pressure Steerer: Options Aluminum 1 1/8 quot;

ferremi   [Apr 11, 2015]
Strength:

Amazing fork! Lightweight, Stunning, Plush and Doesn't dive while you climbing the narliest steep ascent you can find

Low speed bump maybe is a tad bit stiff I am a lightweight rider so I guess that could be the issue too. Lockout isn't rigid fork feeling as maybe DT

Man oh man, I usually don't review stuff. I have tried all kinds of forks, believe me. I even got fixated on a Magura for a few years but when I made the change to this fork, wow I just felt I became a better rider because of it. My times sky rocketed and my confidence was boosted. This a pure racing feel fork, not bouncy or stiff but a good balance. I find the recommended pressure to be way over the top, I give it about 70psi for 140lbs and that works for me. It is plenty stiff while cornering and the XX damping feels good not as I imagined it to be at first, since the lockout is not 100% lock, there is a bit of bob but nothing major.

OVERALL