Suntour Raidon RLD 2012 Forks

Suntour Raidon RLD 2012 Forks

Suntour Raidon RLD Forks - 15mm QLR. Forks - Suspension.

[Jul 17, 2013]
Ed

Strength:

Small Bump Absortion, Seemingly endless travel. Very stiff

Bushing play. Weight (compared to other air forks)

I bought this fork for my Trail 29er after being extremely dissatisfied with the new 2013 Rockshox Reba RLT Solo-Air's extreme lack of small bump absorption. Also, I like the affordability of this 120mm travel air fork. Unlike the Solo-Air forks, this fork absorbs all of the small bumps on the trail, making the ride feel like I'm on a cloud. Setup is exremely easy as well w/ lockout if you wish.

I menitoned before there is play in the bushings. The play is considerable, I'm not gonna lie. At first I thought my brake caliper or headset was loose, but it is just how the fork is. However, I will say that while riding I have never noticed this at all. The moment I fell in love with this fork was after landing a jump and then immediately having to scrub speed before a harsh corner, it was still absorbing all the roots and rocks on that extremely rough trail.

While I can't speak to the longevity of this fork quite yet, my impression after several rides is that I love this fork and I would definitely recommend it to others.