RockShox XC 32 TK 2012 Forks

RockShox XC 32 TK 2012 Forks

The XC32TK wont breakThe bank, but still offers high-end features like 32mmTubes and Poploc remote. It offers RockshoxTurnkey damperTechnology with adjustable rebound and lockout.Travel: 100mm claimed 2,354 grams Steel 1 1/8"Threadless steerer 74mm post mount for disc brakes

[Jul 11, 2015]
Jade Stent

Strength:

Newly filled with air these are great shocks. Perform just as good as any other that I have used.

Unfortunately if you go for a substantial ride the shock looses air. You have to fill it up each ride which is a bit annoying for me, may not be for everyone. The other problem I had was that the lock out system would not lock out the shock completely, only at about 50%, which is annoying. I want it to lock it out 100%. This may be unrealistic.

So for overall use I felt this shock was substandard. The air valve also broke one day as well, when I was filling it up. Now I have to replace them.

[May 03, 2014]
OskarSD

Strength:

Great sturdy fork. Lockout is magnificent and the preload is very easy to adjust. Handles we'll and is great for nasty bumps!

Nothing

Great fork used it at the Youyangs many times. It is light and comfortable it also takes light and hard bumps with ease. It isn't a $800 fork but for the price it is amazingly good! Recommended as a second fork much better than rockshox dart!

Highly Recommended!

Rockshox dart 3

[Nov 17, 2013]
Nealsen Armstrong

Strength:

Smooth and light weight.

None so far!

I recently I purchased and had installed the Rock Shox XC32 Solo Air fork for my 29er hardtail . It's awesome. I know that there are better more expensive Rock Shox. But the XC32 solo is awesome, smooth lightweight fork for the money. This fork literally dropped 2 lbs from the weight of my bike. If you're upgrading from a heavy clunky Suntour, you won't believe the weight and performance difference. If you're upgrading from a heavy suntour, your can't go wrong upgrading to the Rock Shox. XC 32 Solo Air. This fork has made riding my mtb fun again.

[Aug 20, 2013]
DK723

Strength:

Price, Performance, Flashy, Durable

A little noisy and a little heavy

Installed this fork as an upgrade on my hardtail and I must say so far so good! The damping is a lot smoother than I had expected and overall I am very happy with my purchase. If you are somebody who is looking to upgrade your mountain bike but don't necessarily want to break the bank this is the fork for you.

[Jun 17, 2013]
Mr Pig

Strength:

Stiff, sturdy and cheap. Adjustments work well enough too.

Well it's no featherweight but the real let-down is the TK damping.

Everything is relative. Sure, it's not light but at the price it's not too bad and the stiffness offered by the thick stanchions and effective lock-out makes up for it as they really makes a big difference when climbing and spinning along the road. The adjustments work ok too and give you meaningful changes in the set-up.

It looses points for one reason, the TK damping cartridge. It's not total garbage but it's not very great either. While the fork absorbs bumps well enough the primitive damping means the front end never feels totally secure and planted. I don't think it's even as good as the damping on the original Tora, which was a very similar fork. You can twiddle the knobs as much as you want you'll still be stuck with a washy fork that is a little unsettling at speed.

The fork is still good value and a solid product but without more effective damping it's a chilli short of beong a great one.

[Jun 17, 2013]
Mike

Strength:

For the Price I feel is pretty strong fork. It handles well and has good control.

A little on the heavy side and a little noisy on rough terrain.

I purchase the 2013 version of this fork not expecting much for the price and it simply proved me wrong. I swapped out my suntour fork for this one and it completely transformed my bike. I now ride the trails with more confidence and speed. Cornering is excellent, going over large rocks, logs, roots and stumps is no loner an issue. I am truly please with this purchase and would recommend this fork to anyone who is looking for an upgrade that won't hurt your pocket.

[Jun 14, 2013]
Eric McDonald

Strength:

Looks good I guess

Everything else

Hit a root on the second ride with the "poploc" on. Fork literally exploded. The whole lockout portion of the fork launched out and was hanging from the handle bars by the cable. Cheap junk...

[May 06, 2013]
Rob

Strength:

See weakness

Fork came with my Trek Mamba. Gap between dropouts is 98.5mm. Went back to the bike shop and measured fork on another bike, also 98.5mm. Fork is too narrow to fit on bike mount without grinding 1.5mm off mount. I talked to Rockshox tech support who said the tolerance is 98-102mm. Tech told me to give him SN, which is supposed to be on back of head. No SN there. I'm calling BS on that. Cheap Chinese crap.

See weakness

[Mar 08, 2012]
Mayhem

Strength:

Stiff, plush, very cool looking.

Weight if any.

I love this fork! Was a little concerned about putting a 100mm travel fork on my 1999 bike, which came with a Rockshox Jett C, elastomer sprung fork, with about 2" of travel, but this fork feels great! It's 1/2 to 1 pound heavier than my old fork but the performance is very much worth it! They look really cool too in black.

1999 Rock Shox Jett C

[Feb 23, 2012]
GiantRev2

Strength:

Love rockshox, this fork has nice 32mm sanctions. Nice lock out so you can make this fork stiff, feels almost fully rigid. Very plush and smooth nice rebound which is adjustable. 100mm travel is good for what i do and there is plenty of room for nice size tires. awesome fork v brake compatible. Great price, I was hsocked it was so cheap!

A little heavy not too bad though. A hell of a lot lighter than my stock Suntour.

Great fork. I recommend for the money you cant beat it. does good on rocks and potholes or w.e. good xc light mountain fork

Rockshox Judy