RockShox Reba RL 2012 Forks

The Reba RL is a fan favorite because it is consistent, durable, and easyTo service.The Reba RL is now 100 grams lighterThanThe previous year’s version. Features: AdjustableTo 80, 100, or 120mm by installing or removingThe included All-Travel spacers RL motion control damper with externally adjustable rebound, and lockout Dual Air Spring features separately adjustable positive and negative chambers Shock pump is included Technical Specifications: 100mmTravel Spring: Dual Air

Randall in NC   Cross Country Rider [Apr 02, 2013]
Strength:

-Easy setup compared to the Dual Air
-Soaks up small bumps on groomed trails
-Light Weight
-Low price point

-Leaky seals
-Poor quality control
-Does not perform well on rougher trails
-Fork seems to flex more than other brands
-Bike Shop friendly

I purchased a dual air Reba last year for a hardtail 29er build, the fork become stuck in the down position on the first ride. Rock Shox sent me a new Reba Ti dual air as a replacement and informed me that there were issues with trash contaminating the Reba forks during assembly. The Reba Ti dual air was good for about six weeks before the lockout stopped working correctly. Rock Shox then sent me a SID, but I sold the bike before riding the newly installed fork. Last fall I purchased a 2013 full suspension XC bike that was shipped with the new Reba RL solo air. I thought what the heck, a new design I will give it a chance. After about 10 rides, the fork was sagging 20mm at 115psi with no weight on the bike. I’m assuming that air was passing from the positive to the negative chambers causing the sag. The fork has be sent back to Rock Shox to be repaired.

When the fork was functioning correctly it seemed like a fork best suited on a hardtail for the more groomed trails. This is not the kind of fork I would install on a full suspension bike that may be used on rougher trails. The Reba did not seem to handle multiple rocks (rock gardens), roots, and dips very well. A fork from another manufacturer will be installed on my full suspension bike and the Reba will be on the shelf as a spare. Based on the quality control issues I’ve had with the Reba, I would not recommend either version of this fork…

Similar Products Used: Reba RL Dual Air
Reba Ti Dual Air
Fox Float 32 (x3)
OVERALL
spencerfrater1   All Mountain Rider [Oct 12, 2012]
Strength:

I bought this fork on special offer and it was very cheap. The quality for the price is unbelievable. It's one of the better forks I have had. Good damping characteristics; very good small bump compliance; very smooth.

It's not as good as a dual air - but that costs a fair bit more.

This fork is great value for money. It is smooth, has good small bump compliance and damping. Mine was also cheap so it is great value for money. Definitely smoother than the Fox's I have tried. I find Rockshox forks are probably the best make.