X-Fusion Enix RL 2011 Forks

• Stanchion: 32mm, Aluminum
  • Casting: Magnesium

[Dec 04, 2017]
brian

Strength:

simple, light, excellent damping

Remote lock is cheap plastic garbage

This fork came as standard equipment on a new Format DES90 puchased in Thailand. It appears mine is set to 80mm travel. The damping is fantastic and puts the fork way above the entry level pogo stick crap found on many new bikes. I weigh 73kg and I tend to use the damping at about 65% of the adjustment range. They have the damping range dialed nicely.
My recommendation is to buy the R version without the handlebar mounted remote lock. My RL broke on the first day of riding. After taking apart the remote lever I found a cheap 2mm tab of plastic that was intended to hold the spring in its locked position. No way will this hold up to reasonably expected forces. If you want a remote lever you will have to find and buy a decent lever as some bean counter ruined the stock lever.

[Jul 20, 2012]
PITOS

Strength:

Looks clean after removing ugly decals

Poorly built. Seals were no good out of the box

Bought this fork from eBay brand new from an authorized dealer. After setting the sag properly and going for my first ride on this fork the fork started to make really high pitched squeaking sounds whenever the fork went through its travel. The lockout never seemed to work properly and after riding this fork XC only for 2 months now the lockout doesn't even work anymore. I set the rebound correctly according to the provided manual and the fork never felt good. I would not recommend this fork to anyone. I should have just spent a little extra money and bought a manitou or fox fork. I am going to mail the fork to Xfusion since it is still under warranty. Hopefully they will repair the fork at no extra cost to me since I believe I was sold a defective fork. They require that I pay shipping to them but they will pay to ship it back if they decide the fork is defective. I plan on selling the fork as soon as they fix it and I will most likely buy a manitou or fox fork with the money I get for this junk fork. Never again will I buy a fork made by Xfusion and I recommend that you don't either.

Elka

[May 03, 2011]
wizzard90

Strength:

Good price for features compared to similar forks from competitors I looked at (Rock Shox, Marzocchi).

The metal used for the lockout remote is fairly cheap/brittle. The clamp broke at the hinge just by opening it during installation. Called X-fusion and they sent a replacement no questions asked that arrived in 3 days. The service guy said the broken remote might stay on even though it is broken and it does so now I have a backup. :)

I wanted an affordable fork with air and lockout with remote at a price that was less than my original bike purchase...these forks are just that. I've only gone on a couple of rides but so far they seem superior to the RST's. The lockout works very well on those uphill climbs and the downhill descents seem much less hairy...these forks eat up the bumps very well.

This is the first fork I've purchased separately. My bike came with an RST Gila T9.