RockShox Tora 302 2011 Forks

• U-Turn coil spring system with external travel adjustabilty
  • TurnKey oil damping with external on/off lockout
  • 1-1/8" threadless aluminum steerer
  • Hollow 6061-T6 aluminum crown
  • 1-piece magnesium lower legs

machine4321   Cross Country Rider [Mar 06, 2012]
Strength:

Great bang for the buck. U-turn adjustability is a nice feature to have. Seems to be very stiff,has decent rebound control and lockout.

This is a heavy fork at just under 5 pounds. Sucking noise when hitting medium size bumps, though it was defective but it turns out they all do it.

Worth every dollar I paid. Picked it up in new used condition for 150.00. The difference over the sun tour was immediate as soon as I popped the front wheel up to clear a tree and the fork didn't unload with a "clunk", thanks to rebound. U turn is a great idea,but it is not used any more buy me. I don't like how soft it is near the 135mm max. But what it was good for was to let my feel the difference in the different travel ranges. It helped me realize I like the 100mm and down feel.

Surprised at how stiff the fork is for a low price. The only reason I will be upgrading is to loose some weight.

4 chillies over all cause it is an entry fork and there is better out there, but for the price these can be found its a great deal.

Similar Products Used: Sun tour xcm v3
Meek Meek Meek   Weekend Warrior [Jun 05, 2011]
Strength:

Amazing fork. the travel is smooth, rebound works great, lockout is good. I am light so I use the full 130mm travel, and the u-turn adjusts in about 7mm per click.

No weaknesses at all, except if you are a weight weenie then it might be a little on the heavy side.

Get this fork if on a budget. Order from Jenson if you can as they have really good shipping and price match! I ordered on a Friday, and received everything on Monday! And I live around Toronto Canada!!!

Similar Products Used: None
Ben Baldam   Downhiller [Jan 20, 2011]
Strength:

great fork rebound works realy nicely

makes a sqweek and a sucking noise

they make noise a sqweek and a sucking sound but that is no problem. I love them but you can see why you would want to buy some fox forks

joe2285   Weekend Warrior [Nov 19, 2010]
Strength:

Adjustable travel, lockout, and rebound works well. It absorbs rocks and roots well.

Heavy

Great shock for the money.

Similar Products Used: Rock shox dart 3
Glenn Argall   Cross Country Rider [Sep 29, 2010]
Strength:

Stiff, plush, reliable

None so far

This shock has proved to be a reliable good performer. Once the shock gets broke in it is a lot more smooth and active. As long as you adjust the rebound closer to the fast setting it will work very well. I also recommend keeping the stanchions lubed and clean often and that has also helped with the performance. It is a little heavy but makes up for it in performance. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a good performing fork on a budget.

Similar Products Used: Manitou, RockShox sid
nickav21   Cross Country Rider [Aug 28, 2010]
Strength:

Like butter over slow chop, adjustability

Get's dicey over dense root sections

This shock really soaks up isolated bumps well. When you really start flying through bumpy sections it just can't soak the chop up fast enough. I've tried really cranking up the dampening speed and it just can't keep up. However, the adjustability of this fork is incredible. It's got lockout, speed dampening, and travel. That's a lot for a fork at this price range. I'd recommend it for sure, just wish it soaked stuff up a bit more when I'm flying through choppy stuff!

Similar Products Used: Suntour stock fork, RockShox Dart 3
The Beige Fraggle   Weekend Warrior [Mar 13, 2010]
Strength:

Stiff, smooth, Chrome plated stanchions are hard to scratch, Great value for money, remote lock out, Rebound adjustment.

Limited travel, non linear travel(general coil issue really), lock out threshold too low and not adjustable, Heavy for a 100mm fork, casting inaccuracy.

Good entry level fork, very stiff, with rebound and lockout. A softer spring would have helped the travel and linearity issues, but would have also created dive issues as there is no compression adjustment. Also when the bike/fork was new the distance between the dropouts was too small by about 3mm(1/8th"), causing the lowers to be spread when the wheel was inserted, causing binding on the stanchions. If I had left this, it would have resulted in premature wear. I base my ratings on the overall performance, and also the high level of some of the bikes that are sold with these as standard.

Similar Products Used: RockShox Revelation 2010
jsbikerman   Cross Country Rider [Feb 24, 2010]
Strength:

It is a great fork for the money. It has e decent amount of travel (5 inches).

To soft on full travel.

I love this fork so much and it is just amazing. Some of the other reviews on here say leaks oil and all of that, but it is a cross country fork. I payed 200 for the fork and it is 200 well spent. The bottom line if you want a fork for cheap this is the fork, it won't let you down.

Similar Products Used: Spinner point 286 lc, rock socx jett, marzocchi race xc, some other cheap forks.
sha_cr   Downhiller [Jul 13, 2009]
Strength:

very light weight and durable I can not fault it

none it has worked brilliantly for me

absolutly excelent cannot fault them

Similar Products Used: dirt jumper 3s, suntour xcm, rock shox dart
Nickc711   Cross Country Rider [Jun 20, 2009]
Strength:

good shock for the money

I had this shock back in the shop about 5 times,the oring kept blowing out in the bottom of the shock,RS completly replaced it once then just sent parts to rebuild it, my local bike shop got sick of rebuilding it, as rockshox did not pay for labor!

This shock is good when it is not leaking,but that is not very often! Rockshox is a pain in the *** to deal with too! I dont think i will ever buy another rockshox product after this experience! O and my friend had the same shock and the same exact thing happened to him! This bike was just used for normal trail riding too! It seem rockshox is on a slippery slope to making crappy shox!