RockShox SID RLT 2011 Forks

• Steerer Options: Aluminum, 1 1/8" or 1.5 To 1 1/8" Tapered
  • Crown: Forged, Hollow AL66 TV Aluminum
  • Recommended Rear Shock: Monarch and Ario

max_lombardy   [May 11, 2013]
Strength:

Looks, weight, smooth, adjustable

Flexy. Like a wet noodle.

This fork is sexy as hell but it's scary to ride it into the chunk. I am a 150# XC rider, and I don't really jump (like tops maybe 2' of air on trail features, small drops, etc) but I do ride hard. I rode for 8 years on fully rigid MTBs, and another 5 on hardtails, so I have some good finesse and technical skills (i.e. I don't point and shoot through technical sections). This fork is dangerously flexy, even for a light rider. I could feel the tire rubbing on the inside of the arch, and after a few rides there was a nicely established rut where the knobbies had worn down the paint inside the arch (with 2.1" tires). So yeah, maybe acceptable for the featherweight weight-weenies and super hardcore racers, but for my money, I'll take the 1/3 LB penalty for a FOX. In the long run you're more confident with a stiffer fork, and you can hold better lines, and that = faster.

Connor Lilly   All Mountain Rider [May 09, 2012]
Strength:

Stiffness, Remote Lockout, Control, Little to no flex

Have to be sure to check the air before at least every third ride.

I purchased this fork to replaced a 2008 Recon U-Turn that had a broken U-Turn system but other wise was a great fork and I have had it for roughly a year now. I also owned a 2002 Sid Race and a all I can say is wow! This fork is amazing. It's much stiffer than any other Sid fork and still has the light weight construction I hoped for. It was a great improvement over the Recon and for the $426 I paid I couldn't be happier. I would recommend this to anyone who needs a new front fork and is looking for something strong for a good AM or CC riders.

Similar Products Used: 2002 Sid Race, 2008 Recon U-Turn, 2008 Fox 32 RL float
Andrew   [May 05, 2012]
Strength:

Plush, lots of adjustments. Great value for the money (new one cost me $400). Lightweight, nevertheless strong and stable. Easy to maintain.

None so far.

I have ridden about 200 km on it already. Great difference with my previous SunTour. Absorbs all the small hubbles, easy to control and drive on bumpy tracks.

jpedders   Weekend Warrior [Sep 02, 2011]
Strength:

Adjustable, adjustable, adjustable... +/- air springs, hi and low speed compression and rebound, lockout

None so far...

Great forks, light, plush and super adjustable. They were a huge upgrade for me on my old MCM-990. I was riding with an old set of RST Mojo Pros. Next stop, new rear shock...