RockShox Revelation RLT Ti 2011 Forks

Revelation RLT Ti

With an optional 2-positionTravel and 20mmThru-axle,The Revelation will revealTo you allThe possibilities you and your bike can do. Black Box Motion Control damper features externally adjustable rebound, low speed compression, FloodgateThreshold and aTitanium springTube Dual Position Air decreasesTravel by approximately 30mm onThe fly for faster handling and better climbing Dual Air SpringTravel is adjustableTo 130, 140 or 150mm by installing or removingThe included All-Travel spacers

taletotell   All Mountain Rider [Mar 17, 2015]
Strength:

It's pretty stiff for a 32mm fork. Doesn't dive a lot. Seems reliable in the 6 months I've had it, plus the summer and fall it was a demo fork. Rides high in the travel.

Not as plush at the beginning of the stroke as I'd like.

I had no complaints about this fork until I spent a couple days riding rough terrain in St George Utah and sprained my wrist from repetitive stress. It needs a better damper so you can run it softer, or something else (maybe a dual air system?) to just make it softer at the beginning of the stroke.

dwbiker   Weekend Warrior [Dec 03, 2011]
Strength:

light , stiff , great dampning . travel adj. works well

may only need an oil change but fork is not as smoothe as it was new (stiction)

i am going to buy another revelation fork for for my other bike (mojo hd) to replace my great fox talas 36 to save 1.5 lbs of weight . the revelation works well uphill and downhill .the revelation fork is : stiff, light, and it has great compression and rebound adjust , confidence inspiring . the travel adj has worked perfect for me , no problems yet (2011 model rlt , dual position air , 20mm axle)

Similar Products Used: fox talas , fox 36 talas ,
aelazenby   Weekend Warrior [May 16, 2011]
Strength:

Very smooth and super light. Easily the best fork I have ever ridden.

A lot of money for a bike part, though if mountain biking is your passion it would be very easy to argue that it is worth. I have some of the best friends in the world, they bought it for me as a going away present.

I suffered a series of crashes a number of years ago that badly sprained both wrists and broke my thumb. This is literally the first fork I have ridden in 6 years that lets me fly on the rough stuff and hit jumps without wrist pain. I thought I was ruined for life. The forks sensitivity to small bumps is fantastic. I have maxed out my gears over root and rock covered trails and the fork did not even complain. Even jumps and G-outs are again pure bliss. Keep in mind that my wrists are so shot that it hurts to hold a food tray with one hand.

The performance alone had me sold, but this thing is also only 3.61 pounds! Having that extra weight off the front of my bike makes it super easy to manual out of turns or hop up roots on steep climbs. My bike has an entirely new level of precision. I only had lukewarm appreciation for my bike before, but after tossing on this fork and a new set of tires it is a completely different machine. I love it.

If you are an aggressive trail rider who can put phrases "hundreds of dollars" and "good deal" in the same sentence then I would highly recommend this fork.

Similar Products Used: Various RockShox, Manitou and Marzocchi forks
gster21   Weekend Warrior [Jan 29, 2011]
Strength:

good fork works well its got very smooth travel and are highly adjustable to suit your needs and the extra travel is a bonus too at 150mm good all rounder

had slight problem with fork went out a few times and developed a slight knock on right fork which turned out to be a seal what had gone so dont know whether this is just a manufacture fault or not but its been sorted and all bin well it should be ok now

all good just let me know if you get some and have any problems any time with them

Similar Products Used: rockshox pike not good
rocketscience66   Weekend Warrior [Jan 24, 2011]
Strength:

Price, quality, axle options

None noticed

For the money you can't really go wrong. In the past I've noticed the RS forks I've owned tended to have less travel than advertised, but this one seems to get close to 150mm. Also, my last Rev started to lose travel (if you let out the air in lower leg and pump it back up it can help). Hopefully this is no longer an issue for this model.
The Maxle is still the best thru axle and you can get it as 15mm, or 20mm - not sure why you'd bother with 15mm though.
I also got this with a 1.5" tapered steerer. Combined with the 20mm maxle this is a stiff fork for 32mm. It seems to work fine matched to my MojoHD with 160mm rear travel.
I definately think RS make well-priced products that easily compete with a comparable Fox fork.