Marzocchi 888 RC3 Evo 2011 Forks

• 200mm Travel
  • Coil Preload
  • High speed compression shim stack valve
  • Steel Spring
  • Alloy Steer Tube and Crown

RickBerg   [Jul 30, 2013]
Strength:

BUTTER! Pretty light, plenty of adjustments, stiff, strong.

not sure

I bought this used and took it out to the bike park a few days ago. I have a 55 RC3, so I kind of knew what I was getting into, but I was BLOWN away by this. It ate up the little rocks and bumps in the trail and I didn't even realize they were there. As for bigger rocks, I was just blowing through them like they were hard packed single track! This is my first dual crown fork, so there may be others out there that are better, but this thing blows my mind, for the price/lack of required maintenance, this is by far the best bang for your buck if you're more of a casual rider and not a super serious racer thats trying to shave off those tenths of seconds.

OVERALL
South OC DH   Downhiller [Jun 09, 2011]
Strength:

ITS A MARZOCCHI!!!! 38mm uppers, compression/rebound adjustment, pre-load and ramp aqdjustment. With so many adjustments, you will find the right combo. for your riding style and terrain.

None.

After looking at a 40rc2, I went with the 888 evo because of my great experience with my 66rc3. My bike shop showed me some worn out parts from a 40rc2. I was surprised to find out they were worn to the point of replacement after one decent park season! Also, the 40's oil heats up after a day at a bike park, pressurizing the santions. The 888 has all of the adjustments of the $1500 forks, for half the price. Marzocchi also slapped a three year warrenty on the 2011 forks!!! How ya like that!