Marzocchi 66 RC3 EVO Ti 2011 Forks

Marzocchi 66 RC3 EVO Ti Coil Fork 2011: Single-sided titanium coil spring system with external coil preload and air-assist adjustability. Updated RC3 EVO open-bath oil damping cartridge: externally adjustable rebound and low-speed compression with...

Dan   All Mountain Rider [May 31, 2013]
Strength:

Stiff, tough, easy to tune, relatively light, looks sexy (I have the metallic grey version), it's a Marzocchi.

Zero, none, zilch, zip.

Love this fork! Can't say enough good things about it, Marzocchi is back baby! I've always been a Zocchi fan, but I gotta say these are the best forks I've ever had *BY FAR* and I've had a lot of bikes, been riding mtb about 20 years. Got these babies cheap (AU$700) from CRC, couldn't be happier. This is the first fork that didn't take me ages to dial-in. During the first ride I had a little play with the controls; slowed the rebound right down, no spring preload, softest compression setting, zero air in the preload chamber, and they've been like that ever since. I have them on a VP-Free and the ride is fantastic, buttery smooth with superb small bump compliance and linear in the first half of it's travel, then ramps up when you need it. I do get a bit of brake dive but you'd expect that from a 7" DH fork, and tbh I don't even notice it.

The only problem you may potentially have is that the stock spring is very stiff, very heavy. I weigh about 107kg and run the fork without any air in the preload chamber. That's great for me because without any air pressure they're so supple and buttery it's unfknblvbl, it's good to see Marzocchi making forks for the big boys (unlike noodly Fox), but I would imagine lighter riders wanting to swap out the spring.

KavuRider   Downhiller [Feb 21, 2012]
Strength:

Fork is incredibly light, feels like a true Marzocchi coil fork. Very stiff for a single crown (mine has the 1.5 steerer). New QR20 system is a breeze to use.

None that I could find. There is some deflection at higher speeds, since it is a single crown, but not really a product weakness.

I have been a Marzocchi fan up until they had some teething problems in '08-'10. This is the first fork they have released since that time that truly feels like a coil and oil Marzocchi again. The lines that I have taken on this fork have been ridiculous and it just eats it right up. Quite light for a 180mm travel coil fork as well, most likely due to the titanium springs. The QR20 system hasn't given me any trouble, although you do have to make sure that you tighten it up properly. Overall I have to give this fork a top rating.

Similar Products Used: '08 Marzocchi 66 ATA, '09 Marzocchi 66 RV, '08 RockShox Totem Solo Air
schlockinz   Downhiller [Jan 06, 2012]
Strength:

Super stiff and buttery smooth. I had a 66 RC before this that I thought was incredible, and this thing beats it. It can handle flat landings with incredible smoothness and eats rocks like they are not there. Excellent small bump compliance. For a 180mm fork, it climbs well. This thing blows the Fox forks that I've ridden with out of the water. More adjust-ability than I will ever need.

It's a hefty fork at 6lbs 6oz with the axle.

Banger fork, hope to see Marzocchi putting out more products like this in the future.

Similar Products Used: 66RC, and I've played around on some of the Fox 36's. F120 fox 32 for 2 years.