Marzocchi 55 TST2 Air 2011 Forks

Marzocchi 55 TST2 Air 2011 Forks

Marzocchi 55 TST2 Fork 2011: Updated single-side, low pressure air spring system with external air preload accessibility. TST2 oil damping: externally adjustable rebound and dual-setting compression lever for open or locked-up/out damping control...

[Mar 04, 2012]
mudnglory

Strength:

plush nice and smooth i have the black 2011 or 2010 if someone can tell me go to pinkbike and comment on the picture of my bike please id really like to know

i dont have any yet i have a problem with wtb tire tubes tho

the bottom line is i wish i coulda got a better ride on it because it was so cold it blew my tube in about ten minutes -_- but for what i got too see what it could take from me (270) lbs its a STRONG shock it didnt flinch at me doing 1' 2 foot drops on cememnt bad i diea for a frieeride bike you usually ride dirt ;) but i like trying my bikes before i blow the h3ll outa them on the trails i can tell you im loving this shock so far ive done a couple things with it and it looks fcking SEXY on my jamis i sugjest you get these and all lockouts break so thats good with me its a very stiff shock. i love the shock tho cant wait to throw 4 5 foot drops and rocks at it and see what it can eat straight up.

marzocchi forks they are really old lol the things gotta be 6 years old and its lasted me 4 years my dad 2 years

[Nov 15, 2011]
tbone2

Strength:

Lateral stiffness

blown seals and air chamber

I have used MZ shocks for 12 years with great results, and no problems all of previous MZ forks made in Italy. This one made in China,this fork is not up to standards. TST2 quit after 2 mounths, not fork will not hohd air and is leaking oil. Do not buy this fork.

2003 Drop Off air, 1998 Drop off coil Bomber

[Nov 13, 2011]
Tim Barrett Jr

Strength:

Rigidity, Travel, Price

Lockout stops after 3 months.

Well. I can't really bad mouth this fork. For me, it has worked pretty well. Good travel, no stiction, stiff, good price. The lockout did cease to exist after 3 months. The problem is my buddy's fork. He bought it 1 month after me, and less than a year later, his blows oil out of the air chamber side and loses air completely after a ride. From what I am told by others AND professionals who know, the TST cartridge is not a very good offering either. It even looks like Marzocchi has moved away from it altogether. I would say look into another fork as it's gonna be 130$ for my buddy and I to get the forks up to snuff again. (that's 130 each)
But, after a year, I guess a tune up is in order anyways. Right?

Never used Marzocchi before

[Jul 04, 2011]
casrec
Downhiller

Strength:

Super strong, plush smooth travel, stiff cornering , easy to adjust and one of the better looking graphics for Marz.

A little heavy, sticky in the first inch of travel, but you can not feel this while riding.

At first I did not Like this fork. Seemed the oil to air pre-load was off and you had to put to much air in it. But once when you find that sweet spot of Air(which mine is about 39lbs) this shock is great. Marzocchi customer support was great in answering any questions I had. I couldn't be happier with this fork on a stock bike and I will probably ride it til it dies.

Fox float 32

[Feb 12, 2011]
panzer07

Strength:

Super plush on everything including 6' drops, lockout works great - no stupid 2'' drop when locked out, razor sharp steering - no flex whatsoever, easy to tune. Gets a full 160MM travel as advertised.

Coil spring maybe a tad soft for big guys - I am 180 lbs. and have to add 20 lbs. to air asist to get the proper sag.

This is one of the plushest forks I ever tried and the blowout price at Jensen was fantastic. Also an OEM fork and is all black which is much cooler looking than lame white forks. Goes perfect with the Nomad.

DT 150MM, Fox Talas, Marzocchi 66

[Aug 22, 2010]
BurnNotice

Strength:

Beefy; easy controls

Wished it had SAG markings on stachion tube

If you need beef and not soy beans made to look like beef with great features then this is your fork. When dialed in it eats up whatever gets in the way. The controls are easy to use and the 20mm thru axle is stiff for hard cornering. I keep my fork at 185-190 lbs. psi for stiffness and roughly 30% SAG. Rebound can be set like most modern day shocks to acommodate your style of ride and terrain. I love Marzocchi forks bottom line. So far no issues. Try one and enjoy a nice ride.

Marz 44 TST2 Bomber

[Jul 14, 2010]
TerrenceLP

Strength:

Stiff and plush where you want it. Feels lighter than 5.9lbs and doesn't fade even on the 10 mile back DH section with NV rocks! The air spring feels great!

Only weakness is heaver guys will need to swap out oil to something heaver.

This is one of the best all around forks to come out in a long time. 6 month ago I took out of the box, pumped it up and just keep it clean after rides and it has been a blast to ride. I look for the worst line and this thing gobbles it up.

Z1 Bomber and Manitou Sherman