Marzocchi 44 RLO 2011 Forks

44 RLO

• Air Preload
  • RLO (Lock Out, Rebound)
  • Alloy Steer Tube and Crown
  • 32mm Alloy Stanchions
  • New fitted and slotted bushing

mrbmc750   All Mountain Rider [Feb 24, 2014]
Strength:

performance, looks, price, easy setup,

weight, but then again, look at the price.

I was on a budget looking for a fork that was air sprung, 32 mm tubes, 140 mm travel with a lockout. I was hesitant to buy this fork because of the low price. I'm glad i bought this fork because it freaking rocks! The travel is smooth, the rebound is strong even for high pressures, the lockout is solid, it's air sprung, and it looks awesome! I was able to tune this fork without the need for high or low speed compression/ rebound adjusters. It just performs awesome without those bells and whistles. My friends' bikes have fox and rockshox forks and i would put this fork up against them no problem. If you're thinking about getting this fork do it. You wont be needing to spend 500 plus dollars on a comparable fork unless weight is a real concern. Even so, it's not that heavy.

Similar Products Used: fox 140 rl, rock shox reba rl
Chris M   All Mountain Rider [Oct 09, 2012]
Strength:

Have had this shock on 2 bikes thus far since i bought it in March of 2011, have close to 300 miles on it and works like a charm. Used this on the 2010 hardrock for 6 months and felt as if you could monster truck through freakin' anything; upgraded to a 2012 Rochhopper (AM custom build) and ran this fork in the 120mm setting. Pure freaking sickness. I have jumped 12 stair gaps with this fork running higher PSI (65) and slow rebound and you can really soak up rocks roots and branches with the lower psi and faster rebound. Fork is awesome, got it from Blueskycycling on their sale. Looks sick with my bike. With over 300 miles on this fork i have had it serviced at regular intervals and both my mechanics just laugh and say everythings fine. Lockout is easy to engage/disengage on the fly but would prefer remote lockout system. About to take a year off to drive around the country and go riding in all the epic places, whistler, park city, mountain creek, diablo freeride park, fruita, the front range of CO, and Bend, OR. Hope she stays in tact for most.

No remote lockout. Rebound adjustment could be top mounted. Better cap on the air adjust, preferably alloy. Fork can get squishy if you dont pay attention and let too much air out mid ride but that is rider fault not equipment :p Decent small bump sensitivity but would like to see more settings to tweak

Would definitely buy again and recommend over and over. Take off your sh!tty SR suntour, or XCV etc and upgrade to this to push your riding to a new level. I feel i have maxed out on this fork though and i am ready for a whole new Commencal Meta AM setup. Use this to ramp up your technical skills and get dirty, bang it around, youll just keep smiling.

Ride on

Similar Products Used: Rockshox Tora, Suntour SR crap, XCV crap
caad9   Weekend Warrior [Apr 04, 2011]
Strength:

Price,air spring,can take a beating all day and being all back looks good

When I did the upgrade talked to alot of people on what to get. Was the bike shop that turned me on to it because of the price and being able to take a beating all day.The fork has a smooth ride and feel to it.I have been riding on it for just over a year now has taken lots of jumps and drops and not bottomed it out yet.Bottom line if your like me and not got $500 or more to drop on a fork get it you wont be disappointed.

wasthe bike shop that turned me on to it for the price and could take a beating.I am not disappointed a great fork has a very smooth ride and feel to it.I have been riding with it for just over a year now still works great.Over the year i been using it has taken lots of jumps and drops and not bottomed it out yet. Bottom line if like me and not got $500 or more to spend on a fork get it you wont be disappointed.

Similar Products Used: rockshok dart3
brock16   Weekend Warrior [Mar 19, 2011]
Strength:

very easy to adjust super smooth and CHEAP

none so far

i was hessitant about getting these online and at that price and i have heard some pretty dodgy stuff about marzocchi but it is good to see they have recovered from the last few years and have produced this killer fork

Similar Products Used: rst 100mm
OverTech   Weekend Warrior [Feb 22, 2011]
Strength:

Plush for its price. Super smoother though a little heavy

Fecker died on me after six months. Oil seals popped, and when repaired and air pumped in they popped again. Bike mech said he'd never seen anything like it

Great fork, great looks, not so great weight, but who cares if it performs on the trail. Real downside is long term reliability (see weaknesses). Might be a touch bitter here, because it popped a week before I was set to ride a race.

Similar Products Used: Sun Tours of some sort (bleh),
j50005   Downhiller [Nov 28, 2010]
Strength:

progressive, stout for what it is

adjustments are very sensative

for the cost it's a great fork. of course fox is better but try to find one at this price

Similar Products Used: 55, 66, 888 and older fox/rockshox/manitou
Spikington2   Weekend Warrior [Oct 16, 2010]
Strength:

Price is the greatest strength. This being my first air fork, I was pleasantly surprised at how smooth it road. I use the lock out all the time when I'm just riding on the streets and the rebound is a nice added feature. I'm about 240lbs. and this fork holds up just fine for my size.

other than the sticker already coming off after about a month of using it, no weaknesses!

If your looking for a great entry level fork that works as well if not better than competing forks costing twice as much, go for this one. Holds up well against my weight and abusive riding style.

Similar Products Used: SR Suntour SF7-XCM, 76mm travel
giant acid   Downhiller [Oct 12, 2010]

should i get thses forks foe my gianr acid ????

GONSO   Weekend Warrior [Sep 24, 2010]
Strength:

CHEAPER- AND YOU GET MORE THAN WHAT YOU PAID FOR IT.

NONE

WELL, THIS FORK IS GREAT, NOTHING TO SEE LIKE THE OTHERS FORKS IN THE PAST YEARS, 2008 AND 2009 MARZOCCHI HAVE A LOT OF PROBLEMS, BUT THIS YEAR IS ON THE ROAD AGAIN, AND THE PRICE IS VERY LOW. BEFORE I BUY THIS FORK, I WAS THINKING TO BUY A FOX FORK 32, BUT I HAVE PROBLEMS TO GET THE MONEY, SO, MY CHOICE WAS TO GET THE MARZ, AND I WAS VERY MAD WITH THE OLDERS MARZ FORKS, BECAUSE I HAVE PROBLEMS TO GET THE ALL THE TRAVEL FROM THE FORKS. BUT I DONT HAVE OTHER CHANCE, SO, I GET THE MARZOCCHI. AND NOW IM VERY HAPPY !!!

THE MARZOCCHI 44 RLO FORK COMES SETUP IN 120MM TRAVEL, BUT I HAVE A FRIEND WITH A BIKE SHOP AND WE FIXED AT 140MM TRAVEL, BY REMOVING THE SPACER INSIDE THE FORK, THATS WHY I HAVE 140MM TRAVEL.

BELIEVE ME GUYS, THIS YEAR MARZ IS IN THE RIGHT WAY AGAIN. GIVE A CHANCE TO MARZOCCHI, YOU DONT REGRET IT.

MY BIKE SETUP MAYBE SOUNDS POOR, BUT IS A TRULY ALL MOUNTAIN BIKE, A LITTLE BITE HEAVY 15 KGRS BUT YOU DONT FEEL IT. AND YOU CAN KEEP SHOULDER TO SHOULDER WITH OTHERS GUYS RIDDING BIKES MORE EXPENSIVE. JUMPS OF 3 TO 4 FOOT WITH NO PROBLEM.

IF YOU ARE SHORT OF MONEY, AND EVEN IF YOU HAVE THE EXTRA MONEY TO BUY AN EXPENSIVE FORK. BUY A MARZOCCHI 2010 AND EXPEND THE EXTRA MONEY IN OTHER STUFF.

NOTE: 2008 AND 2009 MARZOCCHI FORKS SUCKS