Magura Menja 2011 Forks

Magura Menja 2011 Forks

Unique Dynamic Lockout System (DLO+) featuring better ground control than conventional lockout systems, remote control available as option. Superstiff 32 mm upper legs. Cold forged Aluminium 6082 T6 fork crown with integrated cablestops for the remote control. Safety dropouts (SDO) for perfect hub engagement. All adjuster knobs made of high quality aluminium.

[Feb 17, 2011]
Laser4G63

Strength:

Very stiff, strong, plush and lightweight. Better than any fork I have owned.

Maybe just a tad heavier than I would like, but given the strengths I guess it's a trade off. 85mm travel, but I have yet to bottom it out.

I got this fork because you cannot find many good forks that still have V-brake mounts (yup, I still run 'em and don't have no desire to change that). I found the Magura Durin on Chainlove and didn't think arches would be strong enough. I did some research and found the Menja. The Menja has beefier dual arches. Sure it adds some weight over the Durin, but it's worth the peace of mind.

After setting it up properly, I noticed right off the bat that this fork was much better than anything I have ever ridden. Plush and rigid and compared to some forks it's lightweight at 3.6#.

I just wish I would have gotten this fork before I bought the Manitou R7. The R7 was a good fork, but a little too noodley for my liking.