Magura Durin Race 2011 Forks

Magura Durin Race 2011 Forks

• Adjustment possibilities: Dynamic Lockout+ (DLO+)
  • Travel: 100 mm
  • Disc mounts: PM 6"
  • Dropouts: Safety dropouts (SDO), 9 mm

[Apr 11, 2015]
ferremi

Strength:

Stiff, Linear Travel, Plush, Maintenance is super easy, Made in Germany!

Seals

Let me start by saying Magura has some of the best customer service in the business!

The Durin for is a race fork period. I love the double arch design it makes for a stiff fork. The service on these forks, is so easy anyone could do it. The fork feels amazing very very plush sometimes too much, you have to get a good balance with your air pressure, a few PSI could make a world of difference. It is easy to bottom out so work with your rebound. I have also experimented with different weight oils and it changes the characteristic of the fork in a good way though. I just feel the fork is very linear, it could be a good thing to some and on certain trails it is a great aspect of the fork, but for climbing I would a liked a more logarithmic curve to its travel since it feels you are fighting with the fork on technical climbs. There is a lockout and it is better then what RS calls a lockout, but still it is there. The seals are notoriously bad, change them for RS or Enduro ones. Also the air chamber seals leak air into you lowers chamber if you don't use a thicker fluid in your air chamber.

[Feb 22, 2012]
meroi

Strength:

Excellent small bump compliance, superb stiffness due to the Double Arch Design, could take moderate hits without bottoming out and more importantly, very responsive but at the same time forgiving of small mistakes. Another very good attribute of this fork is that it locks out at the travel it's at when you lock it out. Finally, the workmanship (outside--very nice decals, inside--no plasticky parts), typical of German designed and manufactured products is exceptional. And by the way, did I say it IS very light at less than 1.4kg considering its stout and robust build?

The open cable portion for the RCL (Remote Lockout) near the head tube needs some improvement.

First, the Magura Durin Race 100, despite its 100 mm travel still keeps the stance of my 2009 Trek 8500 racy with a BB height of 12.5 inches. I think it's because Magura has designed its lower tubes shorter than competing forks. It is very important for me as a competitive cross-country biker because it keeps my cockpit low and aerodynamic for those breakaways during XC point-to-point races.

Second, it just makes me one with my bike never needing to have to think of adjustments on the fly but just focus on the racetrack and my shifting.

Thirdly, it's such a huge factor that despite its light weight, it has a lateral rigidity that rivals or even exceeds the most expensive forks from other brands, thus, using it on Sunday trail rides it still delivers wonderfully. It's been 6 months since I bought this product and I've been raving since then.

I have owned and tried some of the best forks out there but the Magura Durin tops my list.

2010 Manitou R7 MRD Absolute, 2009 RockShox SID Team, Suntour Axon and 2009 Fox TALAS RLC

[Jan 31, 2012]
bb12creek

Strength:

Great dampening over small bumps and enough travel for larger drops. The fork is rigid, easy to adjust, and has been simple to maintain. Magura's customer service was top notch when dealing with them.

I have yet to find a weakness with the product.

I purchased a 2009 Durin Race and after 6 months of hard use (1,000 miles of muddy riding) had worn out the stanchions. Magura was excellent to deal with and replaced the uppers and retrofitted my fork with the 2011 greased system, which is easy to maintain and clean. The fork is stiff, dampens out the chatter, and has plenty of travel. I've ridden it pretty hard and it has held up wonderfully.

Fox Float, Rock Shox Recon