Fox Shox 36 Float 180 R 2011 Forks

Fox 36 Float 180 R: Today's mountain bike riders are pushing their equipment to new limits, going farther, faster, and bigger than they ever have before. More travel, more control, more adjustability and lighter weight, top their wish lists...

Tim Barrett Jr   All Mountain Rider [May 25, 2012]
Strength:

Smooth, stiff, simple adjustments, looks, reliable, weight

Besides only having air spring compression and rebound as the adjustments, I haven't found a weakness.

Fox products have always been high quality, low maintenance and reliable. I have had the fork for around 6 months now and have probably put around 50 rides on it without having to make any adjustments to it from the first set up I did. Also, at this point, the previous fork I had was leaking oil. Not a problem with this fork. It hasn't even lost a pound of air yet. I give it 5 chilis for value because I only paid 550 for it at PricePoint. I think at 850, the quality is there but you could get a fork with more adjustments like the XFusion Vengeance for around this price tag. that would put me at a 4 or 3 chilis but again, I paid way less than msrp.

My fork weighed in right around 5 lbs.

I ride it mostly all mountain / xc and love it, even at 180mm. I bought the spacer to lower the travel to 160 but honestly, after getting used to the longer travel, I think I would miss it.