Fox Shox 32 Float RL 2011 Forks

• 140 mm travel configurations
  • Optional 15QR thru axle system
  • FLOAT's steering precision

jparman   Cross Country Rider [Jan 23, 2013]
Strength:

Stiff, easy to adjust

maintenance/duty cycle

Came w/ a 2011 hifi pro. I did not maintain it and it lasted 2 summers without performing the recommended maintenance/fluid changes every 30 hours. Loved the performance though - especially compared to my 2003 SID WC. Performance wise, I don't think I've used a finer fork, nor could I ask more out of it. In terms of living with it though, the maintenance cycle definitely leaves one wanting. I would recommend against purchasing ANY fork used with unknown hours on it- the costs can be between $3 and $400 to fix (for the fox in particular).

peanutaxis   [Jul 02, 2012]
Strength:

They're nice to ride, though they are the best I've ridden so hard to compare.

The seals needed replacing after six month and I only do an average of less than 3 hours a week. Not happy.

The air chamber gradually fills with oil since I first got them. I sent them back but it's still happening. In future I'm going to go Rock Shox or even Marzocchi, because at least they build their forks with sensible tolerances (I suspect that in the pursuit of less stiction fox make their tolerances too slack. Hence the failing seals and leaking of oil.)

Don't buy fox.

11GFHIFI   Weekend Warrior [Nov 08, 2011]
Strength:

smooth, easy set-up

creaky crown

The fork is great when no creaking. There apparently is a looseness in the crown that caused the creak. The customer service has been top notch.